Stable Time Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi sorry to bother people here but I have a question about the creation of the universe.

This question might sound a bit odd, but I swear I am not trolling.

I am suffering from depression right now, and so I worry that might be making this worse, but these are my thoughts.

I think the only way the universe can be created is if a particle goes back to before it was born and then explodes creating the big bang. After the universe dies, it will then be reborn again and again, but each time will go differently to stop the particle from going back and creating a second big bang that would destroy everything,.

I was abused as a child. I had an awful childhood and the thought of reliving that is terrifying me, but I'm even more worried that in the second version of events I won't escape my abuse (I almost didn't this time) and be killed and that's all I'll ever live out forever. A miserable childhood followed by horrific abuse and an early death before I get a chance to do anything worthwhile.

This is making me crazy. Can someone debunk this? Some people have told me it is nonsense, which is helpful, but I worry that it might make more sense than any other theory.

How can something come from nothing otherwise?

Nov 27, 2020
Visit site
Hey! Your belief is not non-sense. It is a possible theory! Perhaps the universe was like the majestical pheonix, that comes to life from its own ashes! Dont lose trust on your faith! Be strong!

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
Hey! Your belief is not non-sense. It is a possible theory! Perhaps the universe was like the majestical pheonix, that comes to life from its own ashes! Dont lose trust on your faith! Be strong!

I don't think you read my post. I really, REALLY don't want it to be real.

Wolfshadw

On the chance that the universe actually is cyclic, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this is the first iteration. Since you have no recollection of any of the previous iterations, it is almost certain that; should history repeat itself, you would have no memory of this life in the next iteration of your life.

On the other hand, you could simply accept that there is no "Time Loop" and you never have to worry about repeating your childhood.

-Wolf sends

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi sorry to bother people here, but my anxiety is acting up again. I'm just as bad as I always was. I would just like a little bit more refutation about this theory.

The two things that are affecting me are the following.

1/ That we have to have lived this life billions of times over, because the chances of us being in the one and only version of our life are miniscule, which means I am doomed to relive my awful childhood again and again.

2/ That the universe could only have been created by a temporal paradox. IE a particle in the universe travels backwards in time and explodes, creating the universe. Unfortunately the universe then repeats itself, but in order to prevent another particle going back and changing things, the universe has to go differently the second time, meaning that it will only repeat the second time, in which case the next time I could be forced to live an even worse version of my childhood over and over again.

This crap has been tormenting me for years. How likely do you people think this theory is. The thing that terrifies me is that there is no other theory of the creation of the universe that makes sense but the particle, as God doesn't exist and something can't come from nothing.

Wolfshadw

Let's try this:

The Universe is actually a living entity and it's trying to understand itself. Imagine everything that ever was, is, and will be. Imagine everything that has ever happened, is happening, and will happen. Imagine all of this existing in a single moment and trying to understand it. Maybe, if we could some how slow it down and spread it out, we might be able to make heads or tails of it. So the Universe creates Time and Space.

Now IF, as you fear, the Universe is cyclic, what would be the point of creating the exact same conditions of Time and Space? What more would it learn about itself if it just repeated everything in exactly the same way?

-Wolf sends

Reactions: sadguy23

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi sorry to bother people here, but my anxiety is acting up again. I'm just as bad as I always was. I would just like a little bit more refutation about this theory.

The two things that are affecting me are the following.

1/ That we have to have lived this life billions of times over, because the chances of us being in the one and only version of our life are miniscule, which means I am doomed to relive my awful childhood again and again.

2/ That the universe could only have been created by a temporal paradox. IE a particle in the universe travels backwards in time and explodes, creating the universe. Unfortunately the universe then repeats itself, but in order to prevent another particle going back and changing things, the universe has to go differently the second time, meaning that it will only repeat the second time, in which case the next time I could be forced to live an even worse version of my childhood over and over again.

This crap has been tormenting me for years. How likely do you people think this theory is. The thing that terrifies me is that there is no other theory of the creation of the universe that makes sense but the particle, as God doesn't exist and something can't come from nothing.
This "theory" is not plausible in any way that can be explained by science and reality as we understand it.

I truly believe you are overthinking things and need to find something else to think about.

Best wishes and good luck.

Reactions: sadguy23
Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
Let's try this:

The Universe is actually a living entity and it's trying to understand itself. Imagine everything that ever was, is, and will be. Imagine everything that has ever happened, is happening, and will happen. Imagine all of this existing in a single moment and trying to understand it. Maybe, if we could some how slow it down and spread it out, we might be able to make heads or tails of it. So the Universe creates Time and Space.

Now IF, as you fear, the Universe is cyclic, what would be the point of creating the exact same conditions of Time and Space? What more would it learn about itself if it just repeated everything in exactly the same way?

-Wolf sends

Thanks that makes me feel a bit better. I didn't think the universe was alive though, just that it didn't send the particle back because well, I guess the universe maybe evolves not to do it the second time through determinism.

Though I am a layman when it comes to science, so am I just misunderstanding this?

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
HI just one last question to the good people here.

I was thinking about this logically. Since the chances of us being here are so small, does that not mean that our universe will have had to keep repeating itself forever?

This is what is depressing me. I can't help but feel that this can't be the first and only time in which case I'll have to live out my horrifying childhood again, and worse most times it will probably be worse as this time I only marginally escaped.

Can anyone point out any flaws in my argument?

Wolfshadw

One major flaw. There is no evidence that the universe is cyclic. There is no evidence that anything you are concerned about is even remotely possible. I've provided some theories and wild guesses, but that just it. There is NO evidence to support those theories (yours or mine).

-Wolf sends

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
One major flaw. There is no evidence that the universe is cyclic. There is no evidence that anything you are concerned about is even remotely possible. I've provided some theories and wild guesses, but that just it. There is NO evidence to support those theories (yours or mine).

-Wolf sends

But mine's are far less likely than yours right? Sorry but right now I can't bare the thought of mine being likely. Only good news is that my anxiety is a bit better tonight, but this is still preying on my mind.

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
No. The current LACK of evidence tells us that everything that happens in the universe only happens once. Never happened before. Will never happen again.

-Wolf sends

Thanks, also even if the universe did recycle itself, then it wouldn't be us anyway, just mock ups or clones in a way?

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
About 25 years ago, astronomers discovered that the universe is not only continuing to expand, but that this expansion is accelerating. Thus it’s beyond any imagination that it will recycle.

Thank you. I'm sorry for bugging people here and on other forums. I am going to get therapy for this just to be clear. It's just with Covid I've been in a que for about 3 months and I am no closer to it. In the mean time I think it might be good just to get some reassurance.

Thank you. I'm sorry for bugging people here and on other forums. I am going to get therapy for this just to be clear. It's just with Covid I've been in a que for about 3 months and I am no closer to it. In the mean time I think it might be good just to get some reassurance.
I’m glad to hear you’re taking your depression seriously. The mind is an organ, after all, and the most complex.

I have played a lot of xbox lately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.