Star Trek 2 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

J J. Abrams re: Star Trek 2 being shot in 3D

Link....

Question: Any chance of you shooting the next Star Trek film in 3-D?

JJ Abrams: It is funny. Paramount talked to me about doing the first one in 3-D and, having it only be my second film, I was petrified just at the addition–I thought it would be another dimension of pain-in-the-ass. I thought I would be like, "oh my god, I just want to make a decent 2-D movie.” I was so worried that, instead of being a decent 2-D movie, it would have been a bad 3-D one. So I’m open to looking at it because now I feel a little bit more comfortable and, if I, in fact, direct the sequel to our Star Trek film, 3-D could be really fun, so I’m open to it. What I’ve seen of Avatar makes me want to do it, because it’s so crazy-cool looking.

Imagine a full bore battle sequence with phasers and photon torpedoes blasting in 3D :)

D

doublehelix

docm":m86rxjbw said:
Imagine a full bore battle sequence with phasers and photon torpedoes blasting in 3D :)

It would be pretty cool, no lie! :cool:

-dh

D

drwayne

At the risk of being an old-fogey - it seems like (to me),when they "improve" Star trek special
effects, it seems to detract from using my imagination...

FWIW

S

StarRider1701

If you're an old fogey then so am I! That is what Star Trek did the best, it opened up all our imaginations!
That being said, it would be super cool to be able to see a battle between several starships as if it is happening all around you! That would be a WOW if done right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts