Star Trek Fans Unite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leovinus

I'd want to know who's getting the money if I send it in and they still decide not to continue the show. Will I get my money back or will I be making some con-man rich? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nacnud

Can't Trek die in peace? I'd rather see a different version of the future for a change.

J

jcdenton

Agreed, it's best to let Star Trek rest for a while. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

farcharon

Well, for myself, I have a strong need for a constant feed of new Star Trek episodes every week. It's my mood enhancer of choice. <br /><br />If you are like me in that respect, or if you are just a fan who wants to make sure Paramount knows you are out there and that you care, you might be interested in writing a few letters. Even one is really helpful. <br /><br />Some addresses and sample letters:<br />http://www.geocities.com/mykene.geo/SavingEnterpriseLetters.html<br /><br />more addresses and info:<br />www.trekunited.com

A

adzel_3000

Perhaps Star Trek fans could view this as a fallow period in the saga's history and view this as an opportunity to explore other avenues of the genre, including futures written by Heinlein, Anderson, Asimov and other writers. <br /><br />Also, I don't think Star Trek has died, but it certainly has tapped a variety of possible story paths. One thing that has never been done is a Star Trek: Colony episode or series. How exactly did humans expand outward and what adventures did they have settling a given planet? It might make an interesting episode or even a series. <br /><br />--A3K<br /><br />

A

adzel_3000

Back in the day (and arguably in good old 2005, as well)....the best sources for all aspects of the genre were novels, short story anthologies, magazines, and on rare occasions an art show. Conventions were (and remain) great. Web-based zines are in some ways proving the most innovative and creatively free-form these days.<br /><br />IMO...TV and movies were and still remain limited. Indeed, even TOS was derived from the 30+ years of writing and artwork that preceeded it and its general cinematic form owes its heritage to a combination of Buck Rogers serials and Forbidden Planet. There were maybe 3 truly classic episodes and those were driven by the writers that worked out the screenplays.<br /><br />I think 1-2 truly good science fiction films or TV episodes happen per decade. As much as I love ST, it really is a derivative form.<br /><br />--A3K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts