Stars like our sun?!

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

formulaterp - No link since it came from my brain which is not connected to the internet directly.<br /><br />Magnetic fields are caused by ions in motion, internal in the case of our sun (and also many planets).<br /><br />Tidal interactions also involve motion of fluids on planets and our sun.<br /><br />I will research the matter to see if others have researched the cause and effect mechanisms - which is, of course, likely.<br /><br />Note I am responding to thread theme - which is not solar systems like our solar system, but rather stars like our sun.<br /><br />We do have plenty of data on stars to make some judgments on how various stars are like or unlike our sun in many ways.<br /><br />Of course, you have a point - data is still coming in and we have much to learn about stars.<br /><br />Why not post some data you come across?<br /><br />I will do so as time permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.