Stellar Remnants

Page 7 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michaelmozina

origin":1yb3npio said:
BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Give me a break. OK Harry, how old are you? It seems clear that we are dealing with a youngster.

I don't really see how any of this is relevant, or how it fosters an open discussion here. Your assessment of his age is meaningless, and frankly irrelevant. Can we please keep this on topic and lay off the insults?

U

UFmbutler

harrycostas":12ng97nu said:
G'day MetorWayne

I asked the question to find what you know. I did not say I did not have an idea.

As for your explanation from wiki. Is that the best you can do. Because if that's it. You will need to read up on the subject.

UFmbutler said:

How could you have (supposedly) read all these technical papers but have never stumbled across the concept of the Chandrasekhar mass? Since a star such as a White Dwarf is made of degenerate matter, where all the electrons are compressed into their lowest energy levels, you can reach a mass where this becomes unstable and the star will explode. Read up on the Pauli Exclusion Principle and the concept of degenerate matter. You have a lot of basic physics missing that you need to get down before you start reading journal articles. You can reread the papers all you want until you think you understand them, but it is clear that you really don't, you just convince yourself that you do.

This statement has no meaning its all over the place.

I'm well read on Pauli Excusion Principle, degenerate and condensed matter and most of the transion phases and their quantum critical points. Also the property of double layers and reconnection magnetic fields creating the dipole jets that we observe in Neutron stars and so called black holes. Also the property of quark matter that creates the spinor. So please do not tell me what I do not know. So far the responses have been so elementary a primary child could have made them.

Hahaha are you for real? If you don't know the connection between everything I said, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Double layers, "reconnection magnetic fields", quark matter, etc have NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I was saying.

If you understand the Pauli exclusion principle, then you would already know how a star composed of electron degenerate matter, i.e. a white dwarf, could explode when you add mass to it. You may be "well read" on those subjects, but you have certainly not understood anything you read.

Also, if all our responses have been so elementary a primary child could have made them, why aren't you capable of responding intelligently to them in a coherent manner? I am torn between laughing at you and feeling bad for you. As a somewhat obscure late-90s trivia computer game title would say, "You Don't Know Jack".

Michael, keeping this thread on topic is impossible when the creator doesn't understand anything relevant we post and just goes off on tangents about how much more intelligent/well-read he is than we are.

X

xXTheOneRavenXx

Good day all,

I am lol just catching up on what I missed while I was away. About 2 weeks ago I was carrying on with the kids and dog and accidently hit the front corner of my foot (where your big toe connects to your foot) off the corner of the wall and broke the bone. With only 2 days off work for it, I've still been kept quite busy. Be back in the game soon. A lot of interesting discussions to brush myself up on.

O

origin

michaelmozina":36dfnrvx said:
origin":36dfnrvx said:
BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Give me a break. OK Harry, how old are you? It seems clear that we are dealing with a youngster.

I don't really see how any of this is relevant, or how it fosters an open discussion here. Your assessment of his age is meaningless, and frankly irrelevant. Can we please keep this on topic and lay off the insults?

Nah.

This whole thread has been filled with pseudoscience and outlandish concepts that have no place on a science forum, *IMO*. ANYTHING that I add is not as bad as some of the absurdities recorded in this thread.

As always the problem for me is that some poor individual may come to this forum click on 'space science and astronomy',
read some of these silly unsubstantiated posts and actual think there is some validity to them. Frankly, this really does worry me.

You may or may not notice that in a discussion involving real science I do not make those type of comments, I usually read them and try to further my understanding of the universe.

I have to add I do feel sorry for the mods because they have to deal with the likes of me as well as you and harry. :roll:

M

MeteorWayne

Yep, I think time has expired on this thread. Look for it soon in an Unexplained forum near you.... :)

X

xXTheOneRavenXx

LOL, I see I really didn't miss much since I was last involved in this topic. Seems it has gotten nowhere. I thought everything was covered in maybe the first page. How is it possible that.... nevermind. I'm not going to even bother trying to figure this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.