STS-114 public affairs frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rvastro

I was having a difficult time tuning into the countdown on the 13th. I had no trouble listening to the crew on 259.700 or other ops on 173.46. I did not hear anything on 146.940 or 145.170. Are the repeaters down or have the freq. changed since my last visit in Nov. 2002?

B

bpcooper

146.9400 is the only repeater, and they are not active half the time. I know the person who runs it; and the guy in charge of replaying NASA TV through the repeater has been ill for a couple of years now.<br /><br />There is another one, 148.4850...that is the photo/tracking camera relay. They do a countdown, and continuously update the status, but it is usually not the NASA TV feed (thought one in a while they do tap into it). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

R

rvastro

Thanks Ben! I will program the freq in my scanner ASAP. Terrible to learn that the gentleman that provides the repeater service is ill. He provides a valuable service to shuttle watchers.

B

bpcooper

I should add, that on some launches recently 148.4850 was not active. I believe the photo guys either have a second frequency, or use digital sometimes.<br /><br />This website used to be a good resource, but a lot if not most of them are obsolete:<br /><br />http://home.cfl.rr.com/scanner/launch.htm <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

B

bpcooper

By the way, I didn't think to mention it, but since this is a big launch the local radio stations (even the national ones too, I'm sure, like CBS Radio) will have it live. So bring one with you. CBS is 880 AM. Local ones include 920 AM and 1240 AM. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.