STS-130 Pre Launch Discussion

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

Guest
the22new22member":1z6hi27h said:
hey nice topic really..
Stay tuned :)
...
..
.. forecast currently green ..
.. checking to exclude any possible trouble ..
... cover was little thicker than expected .. down to 60 % launch probability ..
...

...
... rechecking equipment ...
.. crew is ready to go ..
... and so is the Shuttle ..
.. 1h22min and counting ..
.. silence on comm channels, but comm check ..

.. checking through the channels, all green so far ..

... 1h11min and counting ..
..
... getting ready to close the hatch ..
... hatch is closed ... ready for leak check ...

...
.. weather is getting worse .. down to 30 % ... yesterday 80 % ...
.. flow going in the cabin .. everything has been done ...
...

.. probe going out ..

...
T-32 min and counting ...
.. no issues but weather ...
... 30 % chance ...
... close to the ceiling rule ..
... T-38 (?) out to check weather at close range ...
...

... going through the checklists ...


T-20 min and 20 min in-build hold ...
...
.. abort landing sites are go ...
...

.. white room is cleared ..
... 2 min from out of hold ..
... go until T-30 sec ..
... T-19 min and counting ...
..
astronauts alone on the pad ...
..



I'm switching to TV ... will update this later ..
 
Z

Zipi

Guest
At the moment everyhthing green, including weather. Hopefully it stays green...
 
M

MeteorWayne

Guest
Last I heard, weather was still only 30% go, but is currently green, so that's good. Problem is possible low ceiling.
 
M

MeteorWayne

Guest
Current In-Plane preferred time is 4:39:50 EST (9:39:50 GMT/UTC)
 
B

bluegrassgazer

Guest
NASA TV sounds a bit more optimistic about launch weather now.
 
M

MeteorWayne

Guest
Hey if it can go from 80% go to 30% go, it can go back up as well :)

Currently is go (just confirmed again)
 
M

MeteorWayne

Guest
Final poll, all is go except for range and RTLS weather. About 10 minutes to scheduled launch.
 
M

MeteorWayne

Guest
23.6 hour turn around, scheduled for ~ 4:14 AM EST (0914 GMT/UTC) tomorrow.

Now only a 60% chance of good weather tomorrow.

Wonder how this affects the SDO launch; checking now.
 
S

Smersh

Guest
Ah ... I just went to NASA TV after being reminded by MeteorWayne about the launch in another thread, only to find it now isn't happening ... :?
 
E

EarthlingX

Guest
Smersh":3j6e4j6n said:
Ah ... I just went to NASA TV after being reminded by MeteorWayne about the launch in another thread, only to find it now isn't happening ... :?
That was intuition ..
Force is strong with you ..

Anyways .. no problem :)

edit.
Crew:
 
Z

Zipi

Guest
Endeavour Launch Rescheduled

Managers officially have scheduled space shuttle Endeavour's next launch attempt for Monday, Feb. 8 at 4:14 a.m. EST.

The Mission Management Team will meet at 6:15 p.m. Sunday to give the "go" to fill Endeavour's external fuel tank with propellants. Tank loading would begin
More from: http://www.nasa.gov/shuttle
 
3

3488

Guest
Shame about the scrub, at least it was due to the weather, rather than technical issues. I will be at work for tomorrow's attempt, so will not be able to watch.

I will catch up later.

Below live camera 3 feed just downloaded. Yep Endeavour's still there. :eek: :shock:


Andrew Brown.
 
3

3488

Guest
Just downloaded camera 3 live feed. Looks like the Sun has come out.


Andrew Brown.
 
Z

Zipi

Guest
Forecast:
A low pressure area off the northeast U.S. coast continues to move off to the east, and a high pressure area is building in from the northwest. A low-cloud ceiling remains prevalent across the area as cold air moves in from the northwest. A strong inversion causing the ceiling will weaken over the next 24 hours, but low-level winds near 3,000 feet will shift to the northeast Monday morning causing cold air stratocumulus clouds to migrate in from offshore. With the weaker inversion, the cloud deck should not be as wide spread as it was Sunday morning, but there is still a risk for a low-cloud ceiling."
The odds are set at 60 percent for acceptable weather, or 40 percent "no go" due to a low-cloud ceiling.
Similar conditions are expected on Tuesday morning too, forecasters say. "The concern for a ceiling continues as winds shift to the southeast and low-level moisture increases with an approaching cold front.
 
Z

Zipi

Guest
Monday's timetable:
Mon 02/08/10

11:49 PM......Final crew weather briefing
11:54 PM......Crew suit up begins
12:19 AM......Resume countdown (T-minus 3 hours)

12:24 AM......Crew departs O&C building
12:54 AM......Crew ingress
01:44 AM......Astronaut comm checks
02:09 AM......Hatch closure
02:39 AM......White room closeout

02:59 AM......Begin 10-minute built-in hold (T-minus 20m)
03:09 AM......NASA test director countdown briefing
03:09 AM......Resume countdown (T-minus 20m)

03:10 AM......Backup flight computer to OPS 1
03:14 AM......KSC area clear to launch

03:20 AM......Begin final built-in hold (T-minus 9m)
03:50:08 AM...NTD launch status verification
04:05:08 AM...Resume countdown (T-minus 9m)

04:09:08 AM...Orbiter access arm retraction
04:09:08 AM...Launch window opens
04:09:08 AM...Hydraulic power system (APU) start
04:09:13 AM...Terminate LO2 replenish
04:10:08 AM...Purge sequence 4 hydraulic test
04:10:08 AM...IMUs to inertial
04:10:13 AM...Aerosurface profile
04:10:38 AM...Main engine steering test
04:11:13 AM...LO2 tank pressurization
04:11:33 AM...Fuel cells to internal reactants
04:11:38 AM...Clear caution-and-warning memory
04:12:08 AM...Crew closes visors
04:12:11 AM...LH2 tank pressurization
04:13:18 AM...SRB joint heater deactivation
04:13:37 AM...Shuttle GPCs take control of countdown
04:13:47 AM...SRB steering test
04:14:01 AM...Main engine start (T-6.6 seconds)
04:14:08 AM...SRB ignition (LAUNCH)
Copied from: http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/s ... tatus.html
 
E

EarthlingX

Guest
MeteorWayne":19yi8gpz said:
23.6 hour turn around, scheduled for ~ 4:14 AM EST (0914 GMT/UTC) tomorrow.

Now only a 60% chance of good weather tomorrow.

Wonder how this affects the SDO launch; checking now.
Just said
NASA TV":19yi8gpz said:
4:39 AM EST
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY