STS Missions Manifest (and another little question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

giofx

What's the current manifest for the next ISS missions? Where can I find it?<br /><br />wikipedia reports the following:<br /><br />- STS-121 (ISS supply, crew rotation)<br />- STS-115 (ISS assembly: P3/P4 truss, solar arrays)<br />- STS-116 (ISS assembly: P5 truss)<br />- STS-117 (ISS assembly: S3/S4 Truss, solar arrays)<br />- STS-118 (ISS assembly: S5 Truss)<br />- STS-119 (ISS assembly: S6 Truss, solar arrays)<br />- STS-120 (ISS assembly: US Node 2)<br /><br />Another little question... what the difference beetween the three orbiters payload capacity? I read somewhere that Discovery has the largest payload bay... is it true?<br /><br />Thanks!

S

shuttle_rtf

http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/future/index.html<br /><br />And I don't think there's any notable difference in Orbiter payloads size, but if you're talking about capacity by way of how much weight they can take uphill...well, if you go from Columbia - she was the heaviest, Endeavour being the lightest - although they get modified so that changes. <br /><br />Not sure, but I'd be putting money on Discovery and Atlantis being the same and Endeavour being able to take a little more up (but I'm assuming).

G

giofx

Thanks both Chris and Dave!<br /><br />I asked for the payload capacity cause I read that Discovery was selected for a back-to-back mission on STS-121 not only due to Atlantis certification limits but for the next "heavy" P3/P4 truss mission, too.<br /><br /><br />PS: I'm glad to read you again sg, u ok? I hope you and your loved ones are safe somewhere in the dry!

S

steve82

There is also the added bonus that Discovery still has the Payload Bay accomodations mounted to transport another spare Control Moment Gyro to the ISS and that may become a hot item soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts