taking NASA out of the goverments hands

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nyarlathotep

>>"This in return would eliminate all of your jobs and a third of the rest of the worlds. So then how many times do you want to watch re-runs on TV or watch reality Tv. Hydro- Magnetic generators outside your houses(self supporting), eliminates energy plants, Cars and Trucks that run on Electric turbine engines- no fuel needed.("<br /><br />If NASA is wasting money inventing the DC motor, i'm sorry to say that they're about 180 years too late. Michael Faraday has them beat by a VERY large margin.

M

mystex

Nasa sure has seen better days. Makes you wish it could reclaim its glory days. Such as those of the Apollo 13 astronauts. On the other hand they have developed lots of out there technology such as VR and ion engines. The problem with Nasa is they don't really know how to capitalize on what they develop.

T

tomnackid

The REAL problem with NASA is that they are "dammed if they do and dammed if they don't!" Fund manned exploration and you are criticized for not doing enough basic science. Fund basic research and you are criticized for not having "vision". They can't make everyone happy. Since NASA is a government agency they have to be open to criticism by American citizens.

R

rocketman5000

I think a good thing to remember is NASA was formed from the NACA. A very good thing at the time to do in order to win the Space Race, however it has lead it away from its innovation and testing days. In the 60's the Bell X-1 was not that distant of an occurance. We are still funding missions started decades ago. Voyager for instance. They are providing very valuable information still and I don't think that they should be discontinued, but prolonged science missions have the same effect on NASA's budget that the rising cost of pension funds and health care has on the rest of American industry. over the long term these costs add up.

P

publiusr

I still find NASA better than these space libertarian frauds and their ME-163 Komet and Redstone clones. A fat lot of good that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts