Teleportation Theory

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonzelite

how can such a thing drive you nuts when the premise for teleportation, the mere discussion of it, is completely science fictionalized? as is superluminal space travel? yet that thread had dozens of pages!<br /><br />so we can have a thread about "teleportation" but we cannot discuss other outrageous ideas, too? is this some orwellian "ministry of truth" thread? <br /><br />and the thing about consciousness. you can measure it via electromagnetic impulses, biochemical reactions. but how do you know that is all that it is? they don't even know how cats purr. how can you claim to know all about consciousness? that is probably more mysterious than time dialation and singularities. yet you sum it all up in a pat retort that my ideas contributing to possible teleportation techiques are not worthy of consideration? especially about "teleportation"?! nobody is allowed to brainstorm? <br /><br />how about lightening up a little? this topic is not so serious, dude! it is about teleportation! that is right out of star trek! <br /><br />

J

j_rankin

It's not as much fiction as you may think.<br /><br />Read http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/quantum_teleportation_010926.html<br /><br />and<br /><br />http://www.geocities.com/grymse/quantum.html <br /><br />And there's more to it than that, but i cant seem to find a decent link to explain so i'll explain very briefly: -<br /><br />If you have a photon (A) at one end and 2 photons (B,C) at the other end, it is possible to teleport A across. However, during this process somehow C will disappear, and as far as i know no-one has proved where C disappears to, it just vanishes, or rather...turns into A. So essentially, if you have all the right resources to reconstruct the object at the far end of the teleport, then it is theoretically possible to teleport anything, but all the atoms of the original or the destination somehow disappear. (perhaps turn into gamma rays)

B

bonzelite

then this is nearly exactly, very much in the ballpark of, what i suggested in one of my posts. i refered to relativity theory. <br /><br />this what i suggested:<br /><br />"i would bet it would involve harnessing time-dialation and the "arrival at a destination before you have left" paradox --you acutally master the art of that and materialize it."<br /><br />-------------<br />and this is what your link says:<br /><br />"So, what is strange about this? Photons travel at the speed of light. Einsteins theory of relativity states that the closer to the speed of light a body, object, particle etc travels, the slower that bodys internal clock passes. So when travelling at the speed of light, time shouldn't be an issue, right? Ping.<br /><br />Again. Since photons are the speed of light, they are at their source and their destination at the same time. Not for us viewers, but for the particle | wave that make up the photon."<br />-------------<br /><br />granted, it is not an exact match, but my suggestion has been the closest thing to the actual way that they are going about it. <br /><br />yet i am marginalized and ridiculed for it. who is the whacko, then? <br /><br />

W

whiteeagle74

The Saint Ecaterina de Sione from Italy have a special gift...she has the power to duplicate her self and to apeare in two diferent spaces in the same times...was someting about believe and trust...could be a state of mind the teleportantion? Maybe in future to fly , will have a private form / matter for anyone ...with our mind ...

J

j_rankin

Bonzelite - Like you, i belive that humanity is capable of such things as teleportation and telekinesis and telepathy and the like. But i do not belive we can train our minds to do this until the day our brains evolve to accomodate such a thing. Instead I believe it will come through technology.<br /><br />Perhaps one day we'll learn how to effectively convert brainwaves into electrical energy, and then have it sent by radio waves to a device in each other's brains which then converts it back into brainwaves. Thereby meaning we can read each others' minds - purely through technology. <br /><br />And then maybe we'll also be able to control electro-magnetic or anti-gravity devices with our brainwaves.<br /><br />Maybe we'll even develop organic implants which do all this, or genetically modify ourselves to grow naturally with the ability to do this - But it will all come through technology.<br /><br />Read Isaac Asimov's 'Foundation' series of science-fiction novels.

B

bonzelite

overall, i agree with you. moreover, i think it will develop concurrently, as technology is the result of brain power. i feel you may be shortchanging the human brain's ability to go beyond what is considered normal. <br /><br />i know that a good majority of folks here cringe at "paranormal" topics. but stuff like dream research and psychic ability is measurable. and is proven. telekinesis will come about by using this faculty of the brain, even if it is coupled with technology. the technology will come about to aid the higher brain functions that are heretofore barely understood. <br /><br />we may be able to reach materially, literally, the time clock paradox situation as described in general relativity and bend that to our will. they have already accelerated light beyond the speed of light in fibre optic experiments. this has gigantic ramifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.