Telescopes and your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tfwthom

Only someone new to astronomy would be asking this question. You are talking about spending some big bucks. <br /><br />1st the telescope (just going to use mass produced ones for example) You need a good go-to like a Meade LX90, LX200, or FCX400 they start around $2000 and go up from there (Celestron about the same)<br /><br />OR<br /><br />A refractor on a mount like a G11 runs around $4000 for the mount alone,<br /><br />2nd the CCD camera they start about $2000 for a good one like an SBIG. <br /><br />3rd the software to drive the scope runs around $200 for Starry Night Pro. (I use Epoch 2000)<br /><br />Laptop if you haven't got one around $2000 (ram, ram, and more ram) photos eat ram. Since you are going to be stacking photos you will have 10 to 100 photos open at a time. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

A

ace5

Thanks.<br /><br />I´m not *new* to Astronomy, just new to PC-assisted amateur Astronomy research.<br /><br />I use a small refractor for my observations.<br /><br />And this is the motto of this post. Ask the vets about the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts