The Chinese have a chance to get to the moon first ... sls second

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
Is there any chance now that China will be the first to land its Chinese people on the moon, overtaking the United States ...
Chanye's last mission completed the flight to the moon in automatic mode. China is now working hard on a lunar lander for humans.
China already has all the technology. the only thing they don’t have is an extra-heavy-class launch vehicle.
But there is every reason to believe that they will solve this problem in the next two years.Altogether, they can reach the moon in a daring dash. SLS will be second.
I was at Expo2020 and they openly stated this
View: https://youtu.be/_BNjYBqwzCk

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
I don't see the Chinese landing on the Moon first. You just don't develop a heavy lift rocket overnight. Back in the '60s, it took NASA 9 years to develop and certify the Saturn 5 rocket for the Moon launches.
The first test flight for the SLS will be in two months IF everything checks out.

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
The Chinese will have a super-heavy-class launch vehicle in a year, a maximum of two. It will be capable of delivering about 130 tons to low earth reference orbit.NASA is very much slowing down the lunar program. They could work faster.We have big problems in the field of creating a lunar lander. And while NASA decides which companies will land on the moon, then chine will already be there.To be in the moon on time, you need a lunar module right now. But the place of it comes the courts

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
Okay Maxi, send me a link that indicates that the Chinese are now building a rocket capable of a return trip to the Moon. I want to see the pictures as well.

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
Okay Maxi, send me a link that indicates that the Chinese are now building a rocket capable of a return trip to the Moon. I want to see the pictures as well.
to clarify that China can implement the first moon landing in 2026, which requires a new heavy rocket based on the already implemented Long March-5 launch vehicle. The new super-heavy Long March 9 rocket (CZ-9 or Long March 9) should make its first flight later, approximately in 2026. The Long March 9 launch vehicle will play a major role.
The first stage and boosters of the Long March 9 will be driven by YF-130 oxygen-kerosene liquid engines with a controlled combustion cycle of kerosene and oxygen (four engines for the first stage and more for boosters). A partially assembled prototype of the YF-130 engine was successfully tested this spring. The second stage of the Long March 9 will be powered by two YF-90 hydrogen-oxygen engines with an extended combustion cycle. The prototype YF-90 was assembled in the summer and was supposed to pass fire tests before the end of the year.

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
haha hard to believe? Chinese rover not inferior to the American Spirit. With a sky crane landing system. It roams the expanses of Mars. The Chinese mission Chanye 5, without a single mistake, carried out the most difficult mission to the moon ... With takeoff from the moon and docking in the orbit of the moon ... They did not copy this from the USSR, since the Soviet automatic stations did not dock in the orbit of the moon. And all this happened in a year ... I'm already silent about the orbital station and flights to it ... Do you still not believe in China?

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
n the United States, all missions to the moon are transferred 5-7 times ... Any missions ... SLS, and all CLPS missions ... Guys, wake up, open your eyes. no launched any CLPS mission. While China flew to the moon, you were only promised and you endured these promises.

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi:
Only time will tell who is right. The first SLS mission goes up next month. The first crewed SLS mission next year. I think Gateway will be in lunar orbit no later than Nov 2024. Gateway will be launched via a Falcon 9 Heavy rocket.

Ref: https://www.nasa.gov/gateway/overview

With Gateway in place and a SLS rocket available for launch, we should have American boots on the Moon sometime in 2025.

Clive

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
The Chinese are advancing rapidly and willing to risk loss of life. I would not be suprised if they got there first. However, I am not sure that going to the moon will accomplish much regardless who gets there.

The Chinese want to scoup up tritium from the moon and return it to run fusion reactors. However, fusion reactors are likely 30 years in the future and may never work.
We still have not figured out what to do with 850 pounds of moon rocks from 1972.

Mod Edit - For Content

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts