The great equation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qso1

I have seen this question asked here before, a couple years ago and saw no definitive reply.<br /><br />If Albert Einstein says the speed limit of the Universe is Speed Of Light (SOL) according to his equation E = Mc2, does this not mean that the limit is speed of light squared rather than just speed of light which would be represented by E=Mc.<br /><br />Now I'm no math wiz so if I got something wrong in the equation other than syntax, let me know. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

D

drwayne

I think of<br /><br />E = mc^2<br /><br />as the Energy/Mass conversion equation, how much energy you can get out of how much mass.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

H

harmonicaman

I think the speed of the the universe is the speed of time. We measure time as: Time = "c", the speed of light; but how do we know this is really the case?<br /><br />(Following paraphrased from the web...)<br /><br />The question whether the speed of light is a true physical limit to the universe has no definite answer yet. It depends on the real structure of the space-time continuum, which is presently unknown. <br /><br />If absolute time exists, then faster-than-light speeds - and even faster-than-light travel - are possible, at least in principle. Although the theory of special relativity states against absolute time and superluminal phenomena, it does it not by proof, but only by assumption. <br /><br />If superluminal signals are to be discovered in the future, then the notion absolute time will surely have to be reintroduced to physics. <br /><br />(Just an interesting point of view...)

M

mcbethcg

"The question whether the speed of light is a true physical limit to the universe has no definite answer yet. "<br /><br />Every experiment and every observation since 1917 has indicated that the speed of light is the true physical speed limit for matter.<br /><br />Science can never prove any theory, it can only confirm or disprove. Thats why we talk about the theory of gravity or evolution, even though we know that things fall down and animals evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts