The Lost Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

serak_the_preparer

Anybody see this?<br /><br />I'd recorded it, and just finished watching the concluding episode a short while ago. Forced to rate it on a five-star scale, I'd conservatively award it 3 1/2 and be tempted to go higher.<br /><br />Zap2it's Krause Gets 'Lost' With Sci Fi offers the basics of the premise without giving too much away. Do we live in a multi-sided universe with more than one history, as quantum mechanics suggests? Could such a universe have corners where some of the different sides intersect? If so, then the Sunshine Motel's Room #10 is one such corner.<br /><br />Such a notion lies more within the realm of fantasy than science fiction, especially as laid out in this SciFi Channel mini-series. As I watched it, I couldn't help picking up echoes of King's Dark Tower series. And Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber (and, yes, even somewhat the farsical Illuminatus! Trilogy). But I was also reminded of a game which obsessed me once upon a time: Myst, Riven & Exile. (If unafraid of spoilers, try The Lost Room by John Joseph Adams, which touches on at least one of these connections.) That reality has a center hidden somewhere behind a locked door is an old and alluring notion. Some, for instance, reckon <i>The Castle</i> represents F

S

serak_the_preparer

<i>Also if it does become a series I doubt you would see Krause and Margulies in the series. <br /><br />It probably won't happen but another mini or 2 would be a good way to flesh out the story more.</i><br /><br />Krause and Margulies are not coming back. Their chapter in the story of the Lost Room is over. But the unresolved ending of the mini-series leaves room for more chapters, if the network should be so inclined.<br /><br />Doubtful, however. It got lower ratings than hoped for, and without star-power to add to its lustre, it probably doesn't have much of a future. Taking it for what it was, however - and nothing more - I liked it. Quite a lot, actually.<br /><br />Though I missed the <i>Friday the 13th: The Series</i> connection, this reviewer didn't:<br /><br />'Lost Room' drama is a real Sci-Fi find by David Bianculli (New York Daily News)

Status
Not open for further replies.