THE MARTIAN REVELATION..COMETHS..CLOSER! ;-)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

odysseus145

Phil Plait does a great job of disproving many of Hoagland's claims, but no one wants to waste their time on some of the stuff Hoagland says. <br /><br />Didn't Phil post here before the crash? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nexium

I'm not saying that Richard Hoagland is correct about anything, but he does think outside the box, and he may be close to the truth on a few points.<br /> Just because 2005 scientists and engineers can't build a 900 mile long space craft orbiting Saturn, does not mean no one can, Perhaps someone can explain what makes a million mile long space craft impossible? The aliens may prefer 1/40 terrestrial gravity. I would have guessed 1/100 of terrestrial gravity for Iapetus. Does Iapetus have an average density of 19? Neil

Z

zavvy

Phil Plait proved what his agenda was when he commented on a transcript between Hoagland and George Noory..<br /><br />LINK<br />

K

kmarinas86

Do not use Hoagland as a "Role Model" for scientific thinkings. You would to much better to come up with your own ideas that are not so much based on a strange mix of anthropomorphic analysis and numbers.<br /><br />The face of Mars may have changed over the course of several decades, but there is no evidence available. If you pretty much stick in the area of deformed evidence on Mars for Elohim or any other extraterrestrial life, you are not going to find enough evidence, and you won't be able to prove such a supreme claim such as the existent of managing extraterrestrials.<br /><br />Try to be much better than Hoagland.

O

odysseus145

Well regardless of whatever agenda you're referring to, his explanations made a lot more sense than Hoagland's.<br /><br />*Edited for spelling <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Z

zavvy

I meant could you elaborate more about the link to the transcript I provided...

V

vogon13

Orbitally decayed ring was around Iapetus, not Saturn.<br /><br />Trust me. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

C

CalliArcale

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>Didn't Phil post here before the crash? <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Once, yes. He was specifically called out in a thread, found out about it, and posted to clear the air. Mainly, though, he posts at his own message board, at badastronomy.com. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

O

odysseus145

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>I meant could you elaborate more about the link to the transcript I provided...<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I'm not sure what you want me to do. Other than disproving psuedoscientists, I don't really see an agenda. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.