Giveaway This Month's Giveaway is All About Mars and Perseverance! - Winner Announced!

Page 11 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
I think that the next planet explored should be Mars because it is known by everyone and it is next on the line if we shoot for the stars we might just end up far from home but if shoot for a certain spot then we might just find something incredible!

Mar 6, 2021
Visit site
Since we just discovered live plant/animals below Antarctica icecap, I was hoping to have a lander on Jupiter's moon, Europa, to see if it has any cousins there.

Mar 6, 2021
Visit site
A seemingly logical next step - Enceladus. Sufficiently aged at over 1 billion years, with a reasonably stable orbit, the moon has an abundance of both water and heat. Its global ocean enshrouded in ice regularly spews forth towering geysers of water and carbon based molecules...methane, nitrogen, hydrogen. 'Beam-me-over' Scotty, this moon is the best bet for finding life, and well, we already know how to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2021
Visit site
I think I would love to see Saturn explored next. The rings alone are extraordinary! More of a study on them then just a fly over / fly by.

Mar 6, 2021
Visit site
I would love for Venus to be explored. It would be a great leap in discovery as getting past its atmosphere and its tremndous heat (at 393 °C ) would be a huge leap in science. In addition, there have been discoveries of possible life forms. It would be interesting to see if this rumored life exists, and if it does, how it functions in a poisonous environment, and how scientist can emulate it for a possible home.

Mar 6, 2021
Visit site
Jupiter should be explored because it is next. We have gone to the moon, are exploring Mars, and Jupiter would be the next stop on eventually leaving our solar system.

Mar 6, 2021
Visit site
After Mars, citizens of the planet Earth should next explore the terrestrial planet of Venus, our next closest planetary neighbor.

Last edited by a moderator:

LJQ

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
I think we need to make more successful trips to Mars, and work on being able to send humans to explore / study Mars. Probes to other planets would be cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.