Those pop-up video ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ramparts

To the mods or other people who would know: Is there any way to disable SDC's new ads that pop-up on almost every page of the forum? I have trouble believing SDC has run into such financial difficulty that it can't use ads which don't slow your computer down and block part of the content you're actually trying to view.

R

ramparts

Alright, if you use Firefox, get AdBlock Plus (free plug-in) and disable "ad.doubleclick.net^". That'll be useful on a lot of other sites - and by disabling a few other URLs, you can even get rid of those pop-under ads some sites have ;) But really, if anyone (admins?) here has the power to fix this, it's a good idea to not have so dismally annoying ads.

M

MeteorWayne

As I have repeatedly said, posting here in Free Space accomplishes NOTHING. The Admins and Marketing Dept do not read Free Space. The Mods do, for the most part, only when we have time.

The proper (and potentially useful) place to post this where it will get some attention is in the Community Talkback Forum at the very top of the forum list, where two threads already exist discussing the issue.

BTW, I agree 100%, but posting comments in Free Space is a pure waste of time. Besides, it will grow hair on your hands ;)

S

StarRider1701

MeteorWayne":m7u2clty said:
BTW, I agree 100%, but posting comments in Free Space is a pure waste of time. Besides, it will grow hair on your hands ;)

Ha ha, fooled ya! I've already got hair... on my.... ... hands? And arms? And Legs! And Chest!!!
OH NO! It can't be! Aaaaaaahh! I'm human!?!?!?! Oh cold, cruel Galaxy, how could you do this to meeeeee?

D

doublehelix

I will bring this thread to the attention of the Advertising department, too.

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.