TIME IS THE EXPANSION OF SPACE (and other thoughts)

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ArcCentral

To Dr Rocket

Why don't you just shut your trap if you have nothing to say, other than blowing it out of your ass on every post. It the same post regurgitated to no end. I read these threads looking for something interesting, and all I get is you degrading people at every turn. Why can't you just let it go and ignore a thread you're not interested in? If you don't like their drivel

Move on for cripe sakes!

D

DrRocket

ArcCentral":2gona2el said:
To Dr Rocket

Why don't you just shut your trap if you have nothing to say, other than blowing it out of your ass on every post. It the same post regurgitated to no end. I read these threads looking for something interesting, and all I get is you degrading people at every turn. Why can't you just let it go and ignore a thread you're not interested in? If you don't like their drivel

Move on for cripe sakes!

Done. I agree that this thread is now pointless.
It has degraded to the level of The Unexplained.
I'm outa here.

B

Boilermaker

I am out of here myself. I have interests and curiosity and while one or two people are friendly enough and interact in a nice and exciting (for me) way, the good Dr. is too destructive and repetitively so. I actually have come to believe that I may only be communicating with One person at the most and the rest, the Dr. and the Moderator are a Turing test which I am not interested in interacting with.......the programmers of those particular two Bots are not even close to passing the test if you ask me.

so, rather than risk talking to an empty room or some kids programming experiment, as interesting as I find A.I. I am out of here.

I seen two more messages for me and there's no way I'm participating with the meteorman bot, so SpeedFreek, thank you for your interaction and time and tymoore, you too, but I am afraid the repetitive nature of those other two should have tipped you off that you are participating in an experiment when you spoke to them.........about being repetitive in the one case.

they are bots, find somewhere else where you can talk to real scientists and like minded thinkers, try www.Ted.com it's brilliant.

D

derekmcd

I wish I had more time to invest. Sadly, I do not.

DrRocket, on the other hand, invested a considerable amount of time into this thread trying to share his knowledge. Sometimes, it can be rather difficult to make your knowledge make sense to active participants. Quite often, terms are used that are not understood. Google is your friend. Books are your fiends. If you still don't get it... ask follow up questions.

What I see in this thread is no desire to learn anything... it has become a thread to just toss around random thoughts with no real knowledge of physics or cosmology.

DrRocket said as much in a previous post by mentioning the "Unexplained" forum... He gets jumped on.

The point of the physics forums is to ask questions and learn... propose ideas and accept critique based on mainstream knowledge. If you don't like the answers to the questions or the critiques to your ideas, then you should move on to another forum that accepts 'willy nilly' ideas...

DrRocket did not instigate any bad attitudes here. I see that he went out of his way to share what knowledge he has. I won't speak for DrRocket, but I sense his frustration in that no one really tried to follow up on what he was sharing... there was no attempt at learning.

A

ArcCentral

derekmcd":s16oyci7 said:
I wish I had more time to invest. Sadly, I do not.

DrRocket, on the other hand, invested a considerable amount of time into this thread trying to share his knowledge. Sometimes, it can be rather difficult to make your knowledge make sense to active participants. Quite often, terms are used that are not understood. Google is your friend. Books are your fiends. If you still don't get it... ask follow up questions.

What I see in this thread is no desire to learn anything... it has become a thread to just toss around random thoughts with no real knowledge of physics or cosmology.

DrRocket said as much in a previous post by mentioning the "Unexplained" forum... He gets jumped on.

The point of the physics forums is to ask questions and learn... propose ideas and accept critique based on mainstream knowledge. If you don't like the answers to the questions or the critiques to your ideas, then you should move on to another forum that accepts 'willy nilly' ideas...

DrRocket did not instigate any bad attitudes here. I see that he went out of his way to share what knowledge he has. I won't speak for DrRocket, but I sense his frustration in that no one really tried to follow up on what he was sharing... there was no attempt at learning.
My point is that there is plenty of nonsense that gets discussed in these threads, and that one should take a (so what? ) attitude. It's not like we are deciding the fate of the world here. DrRocket takes this stuff way to seriously, to the point of berating the uninformed, like they broke some universal law, and must be punished severely for doing so. So rather than letting a thread die on it's own accord, it turns into a trading of insults, with maybe a sprinkle of on topic discussion in between.

I read a post by DrRocket a few weeks ago that was spot on dead perfect in an explanation, and couldn't have said it any better, and thats about all you can do, meanwhile somebody wants to put a slant on it, and D.R. is taking it as a personal insult if you do.

I can guarantee that in the future, there will be more dumb questions, more idiotic theories, more speculation on these boards. I would hope that these discussions will be for those that wish to discuss, while others ignore these threads entirely for lack of value. If a couple members wish to discuss Bugs Bunny as the sixth dimension -

So What!
Either join in
Or just ignore it as the pithiest thing you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.