Time slide

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
What if time wasn't just back and forth linear time but also side by side time? Is there a name for this?
Well, it's only possible if you consider time to be a separate dimension apart from spacetime or if you consider time as a dimension itself.

Now, I don't know if time travels back. Of course, the books and movies have the topic of time travel. But, as you know, we haven't yet invented a time machine and I wonder if it's even possible. :)

Now, let's come to my first assumption, i.e. considering time to be a separate dimension apart from spacetime. One of the two main pillars of modern-day Physics is Sir Albert Einstein's Relativity theories. That is, General Theory of Relativity and Special Theory of Relativity. GR (General Relativity) says that time is a dimension which has mixed with space to form spacetime. Like, sugar or salt dissolved in water. General Relativity says that the flow of time depends upon the object and it is malleable and relative. Now, time cannot function independently. Time is mixed with space, none of them will function without the other. No time, no space. No space, no time. Even if they exist, without each other, they can't function. So, each of them is useless without the other.

Now, let's come to my second assumption, i.e. considering time to be a dimension itself. You may wonder now, what's the difference between the two assumptions? The difference is the pillar. Yes, the pillar. This assumption resolves around the second pillar of modern Physics, Quantum Mechanics. Quantum Mechanics (QM) and Relativity don't fully agree with each other, but still, (I am not here to debate which is correct and which is not :) ) both should be counted if you want to answer that question by not just laughing it off. Now, as far as I know (I don't much and maybe I am wrong), QM says that time is universal and absolute, but GR says that time is relative and malleable. QM says that time is the same everywhere, but this is a direct violation of GR and vice versa. QM doesn't actually consider time as a dimension doesn't exist.

And also, you know, there are three main dimensions of space, latitude, longitude and altitude. Like, a line is one-dimensional. You can consider it to be either latitude or longitude or altitude. But, the moment you make a square out of the line, it turns two-dimensional. And, it has to be either latitude-longitude or altitude-latitude or longitude-altitude. And when you make a cube out of the square, it turns three-dimensional. It has to be latitude-longitude-altitude. So, you may think what's the relation of your question to this and why am I blabbering so many things? (Well, to be honest, I myself am also thinking that. LOL.) So, you see that each of the Space dimensions happen to linear. Or, if generalized, each dimension to be linear. Otherwise, the dimension is not one but many. Therefore, if you consider time to be one dimension, it's always got to be either back-and-forth or right-and-left or up-and-down. And, I don't think we feel time to be going sideways.

Therefore, my final conclusion is that, if time is one dimensional (if time is even a dimension), then it's impossible and implausible for time to be anything but linear. And, I think the Physicists are already sinking in the whirlpool of questions regarding time and, if I say that time is not one dimension, they will literally go mad...

Reactions: Trithinium
Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Well, it's only possible if you consider time to be a separate dimension apart from spacetime or if you consider time as a dimension itself.

Now, I don't know if time travels back. Of course, the books and movies have the topic of time travel. But, as you know, we haven't yet invented a time machine and I wonder if it's even possible. :)

Now, let's come to my first assumption, i.e. considering time to be a separate dimension apart from spacetime. One of the two main pillars of modern-day Physics is Sir Albert Einstein's Relativity theories. That is, General Theory of Relativity and Special Theory of Relativity. GR (General Relativity) says that time is a dimension which has mixed with space to form spacetime. Like, sugar or salt dissolved in water. General Relativity says that the flow of time depends upon the object and it is malleable and relative. Now, time cannot function independently. Time is mixed with space, none of them will function without the other. No time, no space. No space, no time. Even if they exist, without each other, they can't function. So, each of them is useless without the other.

Now, let's come to my second assumption, i.e. considering time to be a dimension itself. You may wonder now, what's the difference between the two assumptions? The difference is the pillar. Yes, the pillar. This assumption resolves around the second pillar of modern Physics, Quantum Mechanics. Quantum Mechanics (QM) and Relativity don't fully agree with each other, but still, (I am not here to debate which is correct and which is not :) ) both should be counted if you want to answer that question by not just laughing it off. Now, as far as I know (I don't much and maybe I am wrong), QM says that time is universal and absolute, but GR says that time is relative and malleable. QM says that time is the same everywhere, but this is a direct violation of GR and vice versa. QM doesn't actually consider time as a dimension doesn't exist.

And also, you know, there are three main dimensions of space, latitude, longitude and altitude. Like, a line is one-dimensional. You can consider it to be either latitude or longitude or altitude. But, the moment you make a square out of the line, it turns two-dimensional. And, it has to be either latitude-longitude or altitude-latitude or longitude-altitude. And when you make a cube out of the square, it turns three-dimensional. It has to be latitude-longitude-altitude. So, you may think what's the relation of your question to this and why am I blabbering so many things? (Well, to be honest, I myself am also thinking that. LOL.) So, you see that each of the Space dimensions happen to linear. Or, if generalized, each dimension to be linear. Otherwise, the dimension is not one but many. Therefore, if you consider time to be one dimension, it's always got to be either back-and-forth or right-and-left or up-and-down. And, I don't think we feel time to be going sideways.

Therefore, my final conclusion is that, if time is one dimensional (if time is even a dimension), then it's impossible and implausible for time to be anything but linear. And, I think the Physicists are already sinking in the whirlpool of questions regarding time and, if I say that time is not one dimension, they will literally go mad...
Thank you for putting in so much TIME and effort into answering me. Ha

Reactions: Helio and IG2007
Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I don't know if there is a name for that But I do know that time runs backwards and forwards And in all different directions in this present dimension
I have a theory that spatial Dimensions have eight sides to it or time can exit to and I think they opened time-warp somehow because some people I've asked our hearing voices and they're having conversations but they can't see the person and they are from one of the parallel universes. How do you feel about that theory?

Dec 27, 2020
Visit site
I have a theory that spatial Dimensions have eight sides to it or time can exit to and I think they opened time-warp somehow because some people I've asked our hearing voices and they're having conversations but they can't see the person and they are from one of the parallel universes. How do you feel about that theory?

I've had that same idea That it could be persons from other places Because how else could they be communicating with them But also because they say side dimensions possibly exist And I think that these could possibly be the fractals That constantly appear in mathematical equations That sometimes seem to branch off onto into different directions (and keep going for some reason) And the person's doing these high level maths Can't understand why But they think it has to be something having to do with nature And that they must be representing something that we just haven't discovered yet ??? And that it could be those other universes , world's , and or dimensions Where these other people could be But that just my guess Cause that's what the science in the math , seems to say (indicate)

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Space-times 4th dimension is measured with a clock. It can go faster or slower but not backwards. (kcit kcot)

Space = physical reality, time = concept. Thus, there is no such physical entity as space-time, and time is not the 4th dimension. We can move in 3 dimensions, so travelling in any of them we "produce" time.

--
Time dilation occurs when we travel from Wednesday to Monday, instead of Monday to Wednesday

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Co-temporal time doesn't exist, Cat.
It depends on definitions. Back to semantics.
Do we have our own personal time scales? Does someone asleep pass their time quickly whilst someone doing an exam labours minute by minute? Of course you will answer "but we are governed by clocks which are universally accepted", and you would be correct. That does not alter the fact that personal experience of time differs. AND, as I have pointed out, when we are separated from joint experience - looking at images of "Big Ben" as it strikes, for example, this joint shared experience breaks down.
In one sense co-temporal time does exist - personal experience of the rate of flow of experience.
Learning time may be compared to learning to read. We learn to adjust 'learning time' as we learn to associate letters into words into sentences into associated meanings - learned meanings where we sublimate our personal time experience into universal time. Come back to my experience deprivation example where there is no possibility of a shared universal standard.

Cat :)

Catastrophe

Have you any ideas relating time and dreams?

Catastrophe

Space = physical reality, time = concept. Thus, there is no such physical entity as space-time, and time is not the 4th dimension. We can move in 3 dimensions, so travelling in any of them we "produce" time.

--
Time dilation occurs when we travel from Wednesday to Monday, instead of Monday to Wednesday
"We can move in 3 dimensions, so travelling in any of them we "produce" time. "
That underlines the fundamental difference between a space dimension and the time dimension. Maybe there is a case for distinguishing between "travel" into different "time" dimensions? See my point elsewhere in this topic about personal experience of time integrated into a "learned" time framework.

Reactions: COLGeek
Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
What if time wasn't just back and forth linear time but also side by side time? Is there a name for this?
Space and time are connected and space can curve and "wave", gravity waves. I believe this affects time and we always experience what I call "Time Drag" which is when massive gravity waves pass through our solar system and stretch out space and also time. So those times in school or at work when it seems like the clock is slow is actually true and we are under the effects of gravity waves. We have only recently been able to measure them with "LIGO" and "LISA" (I think those are the right names.)
Also I believe we stand in the middle of a 7days future and 7days past, "time loop" on our planet. The speed of light can travel around our particular planet 7 times in one second (approx) and this is our "Sphere of Influence". The problem is that this shows how the past and future also create a "drag" on us and that is why most people get stuck doing the same things over and over and can't move in new directions. Only by being "present" can we cut these influences and therefore move in new directions.
The past is shown to constantly influence most people when they are stuck with traumas and bad (or even good) experiences from the past. We can also intuit our own future possibilities from 7 days out, if we can remain present and open.....
I win.

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
"We can move in 3 dimensions, so travelling in any of them we "produce" time. "
That underlines the fundamental difference between a space dimension and the time dimension.
Time, similarly as for instance, its synonyms motion/change cannot be a dimension.
Dimension is a measure of the spatial extent.
Maybe there is a case for distinguishing between "travel" into different "time" dimensions? See my point elsewhere in this topic about personal experience of time integrated into a "learned" time framework.
Aren't you forgetting what physics is?

__
<<Comment removed by moderator>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
As objects move in space we can define them in the 3 dimensions and call this time/distance, but space is moving too as we know and this brings in relativity, right?

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
This reminds me of the Enneagram Gurdjieff brought out of time-pun intended. If you study this it shows that the future/past is influencing the present in a 7 day repeatable pattern. Mon, wed, tues, saturday, thurs, fri and back to monday. Sunday and inbetween tues/wed and thurs/fri are shock points that we need to overcome to continue going forward in time or we just end up where we were, or even going backwards....

I like Lisa Randall's book "Warped Passages" that speaks of dimensions theories. I think energy defines dimensions and if we take galaxies, solar systems, stars/planets each as an energy pattern caused by standing waves from pauses that occurred during inflation, and therefore express and separate these dimensions, then we can more easily put dimensions into a working frame...or box?
We can move between these dimensions when we neutralize our own energies by being present and the zero point of the "now" is the inter-dimensional time travelers space ship. Remote viewing is a modern term studied and used by the US and Russian Governments -Operation Star Gate, with Hal Puthoff(USA) and Ingor Swanson (USSR) and gives us access to all of time and space, sort of....they use targets like numbers or coordinates that the remote viewers have no knowledge of what they are supposed to see, and then just describe what they do see, hear, feel or whatever....everyone has this capacity too but there is training similar to meditation which I would suggest over getting involved with Governments agendas.

The dimensions scale goes into the human realm and two lower ones at the levels of atoms and quarks(and maybe strings). These lower ones are reciprocally equivalent to the higher ones and they may be where the "voices" and other paranormal realms are experienced- which we can slip in and out of when we are present and not expressing grasping or revulsion which keeps our energies in the swing/cycle of karma.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
Space and time are connected and space can curve and "wave", gravity waves. I believe this affects time and we always experience what I call "Time Drag" which is when massive gravity waves pass through our solar system and stretch out space and also time. So those times in school or at work when it seems like the clock is slow is actually true and we are under the effects of gravity waves. We have only recently been able to measure them with "LIGO" and "LISA" (I think those are the right names.)
Also I believe we stand in the middle of a 7days future and 7days past, "time loop" on our planet. The speed of light can travel around our particular planet 7 times in one second (approx) and this is our "Sphere of Influence". The problem is that this shows how the past and future also create a "drag" on us and that is why most people get stuck doing the same things over and over and can't move in new directions. Only by being "present" can we cut these influences and therefore move in new directions.
The past is shown to constantly influence most people when they are stuck with traumas and bad (or even good) experiences from the past. We can also intuit our own future possibilities from 7 days out, if we can remain present and open.....
I win.

No, I win. :) ;)

Latest posts