"Tin Man" - a scifi Wizard of Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Link....<br /><br /><b>Tin Man is an upcoming television miniseries set to air on Sci Fi Channel sometime in December, 2007. The series is a science fiction re-imagining of L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.</b><br /><br /><b>Cast:</b><br /><br /> * Zooey Deschanel as DG (Dorothy Gale)<br /> * Alan Cumming as Glitch (The Scarecrow)<br /> * Raoul Trujillo as Raw (The Cowardly Lion)<br /> * Neal McDonough as Cain (The Tin Man)<br /> * Kathleen Robertson as Azkadellia (The Wicked Witch of the West)<br /> * Richard Dreyfuss as The Mystic Man (The Wizard)<br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>The once-beautiful "Outer Zone" (Oz) has been zapped into a frigid and decaying wasteland. One of O.Z.'s subjects, known only as Lavender Eyes, has been imprisoned. Her stunningly evil captor in black leather is Sorceress Azkadellia (The Wicked Witch of the West). The Woman is just part of the sorceress's nefarious plot—to suck the souls out of her minions and harness the energy to jump the gap between her world and the "other side"—a place called Earth. But Azkadellia's prescient wolverine servant, Lylo, warns his mistress of a vile presence that embodies goodness, an alarming glimmer of light and hope that could be her undoing. She is DG (a re-imagined Dorothy Gale), a rebellious young waitress from Omaha, imbued with wanderlust and visited upon in her dreams by none other than Lavender Eyes and the fellow slaves whose pleas of "save us" urge DG to follow her destiny.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

serak_the_preparer

December, eh?<br /><br />Based on the cast alone, I want to see this. The concept itself, however, is interesting. Also appears to have a nice look. Will definitely be tuning in when this comes on - thanks for the 'heads up.'

A

a_lost_packet_

That may be worth watching. At least if they screw it up, you only have to be tortured by a few shows. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.