Topic: Our History In The Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

_UGN_

It may be possible to record streaming live footage of earth thousands of years ago. The concept does not involve time travel or the like. It involves stars' gravity as they bend the skimming light one or few degrees each. Envision an event, the light ray reflected from earth thousands of years ago was pulled closer to some star and thus the ray's angle was deflected, this light traveled past that star further into cosmos and again its angle was deflected by another star then again it skimmed past that second star and onto a third star, and finally the light skimmed past many other stars in a similar fashion. If the angles of light ray's deflection are additive, i.e. they turn the ray in one direction, the ray will turn and will resemble a light-wheel profile. If the ray's angular deflection is not additive it will resemble a light-zigzag profile. Not all light-wheels will be perfectly uniform and may contain zigzag segments or segments that are not additive. Light-wheels will have historical value as long as their rays follow a u-turn profile and return back to earth. When astrology becomes quantitative and will have a map of stars with their vector velocities, masses, time etc., then it will be possible to calculate exact points and times of returning light-wheels. Telescopes will be dispatched to the predicted broadcast points to collect historical evidence.

Thanks, for the read!

Thought of and written by Eugene Kovalenko

C

chebby

Hi Eugene,

it's a good idea, but it would take a lot of stars (or some more massive things). The problem is that even if it happened, the light would have traveled a very large distance and would have dissipated enough so that something as small as earth would not be seen. I mean we can't even see gas giants around closest stars with our best telescopes. Maybe history of our sun, but even that is highly questionable.

U

_UGN_

Very good point!!
I'm sure it's not possible with current technology. Like you said we can even view other planets circling around stars. Nevertheless, astronomy capability will progress as all other things do. Astronomy talks about multiple telescopes separated over vast distances improves resolution of the image viewed could be found in scientific journals. Also, there is a new method discovered in Ohio that may use the stars as gravitational lenses to magnify the target of interest behind them.

chebby":1kod4iba said:
Hi Eugene,

it's a good idea, but it would take a lot of stars (or some more massive things). The problem is that even if it happened, the light would have traveled a very large distance and would have dissipated enough so that something as small as earth would not be seen. I mean we can't even see gas giants around closest stars with our best telescopes. Maybe history of our sun, but even that is highly questionable.

M

MeteorWayne

Actually, what you refer to (gravitaional lensing) has been quite common over the last decade. We can see things further way than we would be able to otherwise.

But the circular light process you describe in your original post just doesn't work. At best images are deflected by a few degrees. A 180 degree path is just not realistic.

C

chebby

I think around a black hole it would be realitic. If it passes close to event horizon.

U

_UGN_

When looking at the stars with unaided eye we may already be looking at the deflected or bent rays of light skimming past other stars. If each star bends light ray 2 degrees then it would take 90 stars to make a full u-turn path. We are already looking at the zigzags and light-wheel profiles but we can only judge or perceive their origins from their terminal locations.

MeteorWayne":e77q09wi said:
Actually, what you refer to (gravitaional lensing) has been quite common over the last decade. We can see things further way than we would be able to otherwise.

But the circular light process you describe in your original post just doesn't work. At best images are deflected by a few degrees. A 180 degree path is just not realistic.

U

_UGN_

What is event horizon?

chebby":1exqh3tf said:
I think around a black hole it would be realitic. If it passes close to event horizon.

M

MeteorWayne

The event horizon is the point of no return near a black hole. Anything that comes closer to the black hole than that line is absorbed, even light. Anything just outside of the event horizon is deflected by the strong gravity there.

Once you are far enough away, the deflection is just the same as a thousand stars with the same total mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts