Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
This emblem is not "almost identical to the Star Trek emblem", and in fact is closer to the Delta Airlines symbol or the Google Play triangle than it is to the curved Star Trek symbol. If you rotate the Nike symbol and point it a bit, it is a lot closer to the Star Trek symbol than this one.

Reactions: Lovethrust
Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
My jaw hit the floor... My brain registered what I was seeing and Laughed my ass off. Who to come up with the logo? And it looks very similar to Star trek logo ..that infringe on copyrights? The rest of the world is probably having a fit of laughter.

Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
The fact that this logo is close enough to the fictional utopian UFP logo I am sure was considered. If not, all involved are not even as intelligent as a bag of meteorites.

Associating a war-related agency with such a positive legacy of our culture as Star Trek and all its iterations was without a doubt considered, but was used with a very easy and an entitlement with past military space-related logo symbols. Sure the artists for Paramount's Star Trek in designing the symbols for the series likely looked at the military designs and for believability for the series and designed with those in mind. When imagining an Earth's future utopian culture, creative designers would take a logical and believable association from the past. So maybe you could say the Paramount artists naturally designed with the military's designs in mind. It would make an interesting copyright court case if challenged.

I, however, cannot for a second believe this was not understood by those in the government agency art-creative direction positions and seen as an easy association to be used for the subtle optic advantage and cultural worldwide influence it would have in framing a purely military and defense branch. Not though for the exploration and search for extraterrestrial friends and positive advanced human endeavors the fictional United Federation of Planets were designed to represent. Optics for media today now are considered for everything.

Reactions: rangerdon
Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
My jaw hit the floor... My brain registered what I was seeing and Laughed my ass off. Who to come up with the logo? And it looks very similar to Star trek logo ..that infringe on copyrights? The rest of the world is probably having a fit of laughter.
You do realize this symbol was used by the Air Force long before Star trek even came into existence, right? Also the whole world is admiring our compassion and desire to expand to the once unreachable.

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
The fact that this logo is close enough to the fictional utopian UFP logo I am sure was considered. If not, all involved are not even as intelligent as a bag of meteorites.

Associating a war-related agency with such a positive legacy of our culture as Star Trek and all its iterations was without a doubt considered, but was used with a very easy and an entitlement with past military space-related logo symbols. Sure the artists for Paramount's Star Trek in designing the symbols for the series likely looked at the military designs and for believability for the series and designed with those in mind. When imagining an Earth's future utopian culture, creative designers would take a logical and believable association from the past. So maybe you could say the Paramount artists naturally designed with the military's designs in mind. It would make an interesting copyright court case if challenged.

I, however, cannot for a second believe this was not understood by those in the government agency art-creative direction positions and seen as an easy association to be used for the subtle optic advantage and cultural worldwide influence it would have in framing a purely military and defense branch. Not though for the exploration and search for extraterrestrial friends and positive advanced human endeavors the fictional United Federation of Planets were designed to represent. Optics for media today now are considered for everything.
"War-agency" just speaks volumes as to how little you actually know about the Military. This symbol was used LONG before Star Trek came into existence, the simple fact people are getting so upset over a symbol that has been used by the Air Force for nearly a century is just hilariously pathetic. If people want to go there than well, Star Trek stole the symbol from the United States Air Force.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
The original insignia Air Force Space Command insignia was pretty awesome that would have been my preference and Honor the history and the people's.. I'm just sentimental. If there Is intelligence sentient beings that are "out-of-this-world" (giggle). I would hope any and all countries especially Ours keep any evidence confidential, We wouldn't want a repeat of mass Hysteria of 1938 The Infamous “War of the Worlds” Radio Broadcast Was a Magnificent Fluke.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...io-broadcast-was-magnificent-fluke-180955180/

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Yes.. I'm aware.... insignia patch was in the 1940s ish, I would have to go back and read the history more in-depth but it was long before my time.. I'm still young Generation X but the original patch I prefer to this new one.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
yes I'm aware the symbol was originally 1940s ish and then in 60s and it was space commands and that insignia I think it looks so much better than this one. I could argue that the world is Not currently admiring this aministrations displays of so called compassion toward other people. But I won't argue.

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site

No, we are not.

May 16, 2020
Visit site
If people laugh at the logo, did they laugh at how the Space Shuttle got to be called a Space Shuttle? Know what the name of the first Space Shuttle was? "Enterprise". All from the TV show. When the Space Shuttle "Enterprise" was rolled out from the Palmdale facility, it was greated by the cast of Star Trek.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts