universe theory :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve01

Hey, I was just reading a bit of the Rubber band theory at space.com and got thinking - What if the universe doesn't act the way we perceive time . . .what if time was going backwards? that would explain why galaxies are accelerating away from one another(just the opposite if they were moving forward in time . . . should they not de-celerate?- neglecting the alleged effects of dark energy) also, doesn't general relativity state that the closer an object gets to light speed that more massive it gets? If galaxies are accelerating wouldn't they eventually reach the speed of light and have an infinite mass? This may cause them(galaxies) to attract one another again and head for the "Big Crunch". Or better yet, once the speed of light is reached, time stops right? also I think I read somewhere that once something reaches the speed of light it would appear to it to be everywhere in the universe at the same time-with no restrictions of space-time perhaps the area that was reached by the expanding universe just before everything reached the speed of light would then become the infinitelty small-new starting point for a big bang into a new, even more expansive universe! A lot of imagination in this I know, and I'm definitely not good at math so this idea could never be proven by me but, still I thnik its kinda kewl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts