Vast Space unveils Haven-2, a private space station to follow the ISS after its fiery end

This article seems to be an edited down version of an article I have read elsewhere.

A couple of interesting things were deleted from this version of the article:

1. The initial 4 segments will be connected end-to-end. But, then a "hub" section is planned to be launched by SpaceX SuperHeavy, and the initial 4 segments will disconnect from each other and redock as spokes on the hub. Then additional modules will be added onto the ends of the spokes.
2. Vast is conceptualizing an artificial gravity space station, but does not want to make its Haven II version have any gravity-like effects because of the current interest in doing space experiments in "micro gravity".

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
This article seems to be an edited down version of an article I have read elsewhere.

A couple of interesting things were deleted from this version of the article:

1. The initial 4 segments will be connected end-to-end. But, then a "hub" section is planned to be launched by SpaceX SuperHeavy, and the initial 4 segments will disconnect from each other and redock as spokes on the hub. Then additional modules will be added onto the ends of the spokes.
2. Vast is conceptualizing an artificial gravity space station, but does not want to make its Haven II version have any gravity-like effects because of the current interest in doing space experiments in "micro gravity".
I'd like to have a link to that article you're talking about. I didn't always think having the modules end to end like the original design was a great idea. But arranged in a spoke configuration would put my faith back again in Vast and it's Haven 2.

Latest posts