Viewing Places in Ventua County CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryanpwhite

Ok so I am new to all this.

And I would like to see The Orionid meteor shower tonight. And posibly take some photos.

I plan on being out at 1:00 am to 3:00 am.

I live in Camarillo CA in Ventura County CA.

Does any one know of the best place to watch this tonight. I have here of people going to Mt. Pinos but would it be worth it going all the way up there for this?

Or up highway 33..??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

If you have any info you could share with me that would be great. You could email me at. ryanpwhite805@yahoo.com

Thanks for you help and god bless you.

Ryan White

D

doublehelix

ryanpwhite":12bofqe1 said:
Does any one know of the best place to watch this tonight. I have here of people going to Mt. Pinos but would it be worth it going all the way up there for this?

Mt Pinos is a fantastic place for skywatching. I once was hiking there late at night with some friends and we came across a man with a telescope. He showed us planets, moons, and nebulae - very cool.

There are so many hiking trails and such off 33, I think that would be a decent place in the Los Paderes Forest section of it. Maybe even along that stretch of 150 between Ojai and Santa Barbara, but it's been years since I've been along that road and I don't know how developed it is now.

Did you find a place to watch the show?

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts