Volunteer Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyer456654

Hey guys,
I was just wondering how many people would volunteer 5 hours a week to work on a project?

There seems to be a lot of attention to colonizing other worlds. I was wondering how many people on this forum would volunteer time to come up with a plan to implement, design the required hardware, and write the software needed. I have looked at the forum and seen hundreds of posts on how things should be done, but talk is cheap. Perhaps the "smartest community" should put its time where its mouth is. So, informal poll, how many people would volunteer 5 hours a week for this type of project?

A

aphh

I am interested. I also have a project in mind, so perhaps we could change notes or even roll up the sleeves. Feel free to put me PM, if you like.

aphh

P

planetling

I am not a program writer. I doubt that I am part of the "smartest community", that is for sure.

With that said, if anyone needs help with construction approaches (I have built homes, cars, etc.) or other ideas, I would be thrilled to contribute 5 or so hours per week on such a project. However if this is computer simulation only, I don't think that I would be of much help.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do.

F

flyer456654

Obviously, I don't have any particular project in mind currently. I am thinking of taking ideas from the space.com community and selecting the best one to be worked on by the Space Volunteer Corp (still kinda working on the name haha). I would assume that someone with construction, architecture, or structural engineering would be needed for some projects. Particularly, the submission I will be putting in which is a lunar habitat built with ISRU. But this is one project, I have already recieved PM's associated with rocket design, orbital garages, debris removal craft, and a multitude of other AMAZING ideas. Keep sending them and please let me know if you are willing to give up 5 hours a week (thats an hour a work day).

J

JonClarke

I probably spend 10 hours a week already volunteering for Mars Societry Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts