Walter Koenig (Chekov) tragically loses son

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starsinmyeyes44

I had read in the newspaper about how they couldn't find him and were looking for him a few days ago. Was hoping that there would not be a tragic ending....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oF6LfpawQ[/youtube]

A

a_lost_packet_

It's heartbreaking. The last thing a parent wants to do is outlive their child.. :(

D

docm

So true, and those of in the medical and rescue fields unfortunately see this kind of grief on a regular basis. Believe me, it tugs on your heart with a bulldozer.

J

jim48

I almost cried when I saw Walter and his wife on CBS. No parent should have to go through that. My Trek friends out in California who know him say he and Judy are just devastated.

D

doublehelix

Thanks for posting this, stars. What a heartbreaking couple of minutes there. I didn't realize he'd committed suicide, just that their son had died.

In my opinion.... the thing about people who are seriously contemplating suicide, is often they really can't see a way out, and don't have the energy or inclination to always reach out. The people around them need to reach in and help them out, help pull them out of the fog of a painful prison many of them are in. That's why when you know someone who you even suspect of feeling like this, it's important to reach out to them instead of waiting for them to come to you.

It's an all around horrible situation for all involved. So very sad. :cry:

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts