Welcome to Physics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

<p>Welcome to the new Physics forum, created by popular demand. </p><p><font color="#008000">&ldquo;It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid.&rdquo; -Albert Einstein</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#3366ff">doublehelix, Community Manager<br />Imaginova </font></p> </div>

W

weeman

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Welcome to the new Physics forum, created by popular demand. &ldquo;It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid.&rdquo; -Albert Einstein <br />Posted by doublehelix</DIV><br /><br />At least we have this, they wanted to start a new quantum physics forum, however it only exists when someone is looking at it! </p><p>:) :) :) :) </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

D

dryson

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>At least we have this, they wanted to start a new quantum physics forum, however it only exists when someone is looking at it! :) :) :) :) <br />Posted by weeman</DIV></p><p>What about starting a thread teaching basic physics? Would be good for those of us that like to understand the world and how it works through math and science.</p>

V

votefornimitz

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>What about starting a thread teaching basic physics? Would be good for those of us that like to understand the world and how it works through math and science. <br /> Posted by dryson</DIV></p><p>You know dryson, thats not a bad idea....</p><p>I'm in a physics course now, so I wouldn't mind going through our curriculum online, if you're interested... &nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

D

doublehelix

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>You know dryson, thats not a bad idea....I'm in a physics course now, so I wouldn't mind going through our curriculum online, if you're interested... &nbsp; <br /> Posted by votefornimitz</DIV></p><p>VFN, that would be truly fantastic!</p><p>-dh&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#3366ff">doublehelix, Community Manager<br />Imaginova </font></p> </div>

V

votefornimitz

Alright then, I'll grab my book and I'll start on Monday with basic kinematics... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

V

votefornimitz

I lied, I'll have to start this coming Monday... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>What about starting a thread teaching basic physics? Would be good for those of us that like to understand the world and how it works through math and science. <br />Posted by <strong>dryson</strong></DIV><br /><br />On the note above, let me chime in and say:</p><p>1) Sounds like a great idea.</p><p>2) A very good series made for TV was the "<em>Mechanical Universe</em>" which can be seen on PBS from time to time.&nbsp; Both interesting and informative, I re-learned a lot from it. The website for it ....</p><p>http://www.its.caltech.edu/~tmu/</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

C

commander_khashoggi

<p>Yeah, I think a new forum/topic for just things about the basic&nbsp;knowledge for physics for those of us, like me, who don't know too much at all about it.&nbsp; I'd be browsing that forum/topic all the time if we had something like that.xD&nbsp; We could call it "Physics 101"....</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font size="3"><font color="#339966">"<strong>If it's planned,</strong></font> <font color="#808080"><u>it's boring.</u>"</font><font color="#ff9900"> </font><font color="#ffcc33"><strong>- <em>Freddie Mercury</em></strong></font></font></p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Yeah, I think a new forum/topic for just things about the basic&nbsp;knowledge for physics for those of us, like me, who don't know too much at all about it.&nbsp; I'd be browsing that forum/topic all the time if we had something like that.xD&nbsp; We could call it "Physics 101".... <br />Posted by commander_khashoggi</DIV></p><p>Go take a look at the thread "Physics for Future Presidents".&nbsp; You will find a link to a series of excellent lectures by a good physicist for a general audience.&nbsp; That series of lectures covers essentially all of basic physics at a level intended for a general audience.&nbsp; The physics is actually very sophisticated, but the level of mathematics required is minimal.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.