What 1-3 planets from scifi would you want to land on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alchemyst1

If you had to safely crash on any planet from scifi and/or scifi fantasy (be it from
Star Trek, Dr. Who, from literature, film, TV, videogames), what 1-3 fave planets
would you most want to crash on and please separately say why, for each one named.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Are you a sci-fi writer with permanent writer's-block or something? I get the impression you are looking for ideas with your questions.

Stick with what works. Your thread about "Where in the universe would you like to go" was pretty good. I brought up the planet orbiting the star "above" the galactic plane and what a sight the night sky must be on such a world.

S

SteveCNC

I like both Endor and Pandora , both because they are moons of giant planets and inhabitable . I think a moon would be the best , not for any other reason other than for the view . I just think it would be the most incredible thing to see every day , a gas giant just above you .

J

JasonChapman

Tatooine is nice this time of the year, not too hot, if you're going to Pandora don't forget your oxygen mask, and the skiing on Hoth is great.
If you’re looking for a little excitement, then why not visit the colonists on LV426, or Dagobah is great for fishing. With many other planetary destinations to choose from book your holiday with us, celestial destinations LTD.

S

starsinmyeyes44

The planet on the Star Trek episode "Shore Leave," where your thoughts created the perfect vacation. (Provided you didn't think of things that would kill you!)

C

crazyeddie

I'd go to Trantor, during the height of Isaac Asimov's Pre-Foundation era. And, by way of contrast, his Gaia sounds pretty nice.

A few other worthy destinations:

Mote Prime

Ringworld (does that count as a planet?)

Riverworld

J

jim48

starsinmyeyes44":1gp8t01u said:
The planet on the Star Trek episode "Shore Leave," where your thoughts created the perfect vacation. (Provided you didn't think of things that would kill you!)

You beat me to it, Stars!

S

SteveCNC

jim48":13lsiyyq said:
starsinmyeyes44":13lsiyyq said:

yeah long as your not thinking of being strafed by a WWII plane or a tiger mauling you I guess that would be cool , I'm thinking harem ;)

For me though I gotta have adventure into the unknown , scuba diving a newly found wreck is the ultimate in fun . I want to live somewhere with some history I guess so life would have had to be there before me .

J

jim48

SteveCNC":2rmjkiqy said:
jim48":2rmjkiqy said:
starsinmyeyes44":2rmjkiqy said:

yeah long as your not thinking of being strafed by a WWII plane or a tiger mauling you I guess that would be cool , I'm thinking harem ;)

For me though I gotta have adventure into the unknown , scuba diving a newly found wreck is the ultimate in fun . I want to live somewhere with some history I guess so life would have had to be there before me .

I'd like to be on the "Shore Leave" planet with StarsinmyEyes44! :D

S

StarRider1701

I think being able to go to Trantor in its glory, AND fallen Trantor would would be quite an interesting contrast. With side trips to Rysa(sp?) the pleasure planet in the Next Generation for relaxation and fun.

Truthfully, where I would go would depend upon what I was doing there. For example I would live on fallen Trantor, visit modern Trantor because one could get anything one wanted there and visit Rysa for a fun vacation.

Riverworld would be cool without all the alien intrigue, especially if the machines brought everyone back to life every time they died.

I've read sooo many books about sooo many worlds - I think I'd want to live on any Earthlike world during its early settlement times, before it got too civilized.

C

crazyeddie

I suppose I would also like to live on the near-utopian world of Kim Stanley Robinson's Blue Mars......a dream of all progressives such as I!

N

Nuruhuine

Oh that's not an easy one to choose from... First of all, DEFINATELY Arrakis (Dune) before the events of Dune Messiah, get me some Spice-Melange and live a damn long time, and ride the hell out've a worm. Second world I can't remember the name of, but it was from some cheesy sci-fi movie where something like 1 in every 1 milliong births is a male, everyone else was female. Awwwh yea :twisted: Third world, well I'd need a time machine for this one, but pre-industrial, pre-Columbus' new world Earth, North America. THAT would be Fishing in Paradise for this guy, not to mention I'd tell the Natives "I'm the ONLY white guy you can trust, EVER!" lol

S

StarRider1701

Nuruhuine":3h5rhe2k said:
... cheesy sci-fi movie where something like 1 in every 1 milliong births is a male, everyone else was female. Awwwh yea lol

Wasn't that movie Zanadu? Yeah, that'd be a great place for any fully functional male! OH YEAH! :D

M

Mee_n_Mac

Wrigley's Pleasure Planet, Risa and Triskelion (but only after Kirk's bet was won and only to see Shahna)

15179.jpg

J

JonClarke

Malacandra and Perelandra, with Gandalara in third place (although Gandalara is Earth in the Pliocene)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts