What happened before the Big Bang?

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"What happened before the Big Bang"

This applies to (almost) everyone (probably including me)
Wild conjecture prevails.
The only answer to the question is We Don't Know.

If I must answer, I would bet on an eggtimer on its side.
An old fashioned eggtimer had two chambers with a constriction between them so it was a 3-dimensional figure 8, or like the infinity symbol.
When upright, sand ran through it in x minutes.

On its side the constriction represents the BB, coming to the right is the expansion of the Universe - to the left - something else.
Note the expansion is not linear - it is curved. So forget linear expansion and forget linear contraction to an infinitesimal point.

There you are problem solved - except, errrrr - the bit to the left.
Well that is, I don't know. I guess it is like the unknown white hole - a purely imaginary, never seen, only hypothesised to be - what?

Cat :)

Catastrophe

Here is your infinity symbol. Imagine it in 3 dimensions and you have your egg timer on its side. The crossover in the middle should be smoother and not a tiny point.

or just a figure 8 with sand running through a hole in the middle, not a point, would be your egg timer.

Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
It's OK, Science does not yet (and may never) have the answers anyway. Can only come up with hypotheses based on what is observable.
Yes, that is what science does. However, some hypotheses have been made into theories...i.e. Einstein, Faraday, Leibnitz, Leymann, et al.
As more and more fresh data is available so will hypotheses change....and that is good.
What is not top good is people with a very little scientific background spouting off.

Reactions: Catastrophe
May 8, 2020
Visit site
I would state clearly fizz fizz bang this will give you some distance to a theory. and I would also be thinking that multiple universes would exist and the concept big bang is our big bang not all big bangs .as to state it would not be prudent to be captured in a bubble . that Clarg the unstoppable will consume our universe in 363 billion years. he is unstoppable I tell you. he is out there right now growing hungry

Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
I would state clearly fizz fizz bang this will give you some distance to a theory. and I would also be thinking that multiple universes would exist and the concept big bang is our big bang not all big bangs .as to state it would not be prudent to be captured in a bubble . that Clarg the unstoppable will consume our universe in 363 billion years. he is unstoppable I tell you. he is out there right now growing hungry
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reactions: Catastrophe
May 8, 2020
Visit site
ok so this is a science discussion but in some forums they may see a question raised against what is considered a staple scientific claim to be questioned is not on. however I say that unless science can question things and think differently about what is being said then we can never really get an understanding.

Catastrophe

So what is wrong with my hypothesis? It is simply extending Cartesian Coordinates 'backwards' and investigating a multidimensional approach.
Seems my 'smooth curve' approach is just the sort of idea you are looking for.
Sorry if it has no place for Clarg.

May 8, 2020
Visit site
you know right now with this virus there are all sort s the answers and science is looking for them
. yet at ever turn we look for things that are like you say pure science but sometimes we just use the things that work from other examples. I think the concepts out and you can map with calculations,
There must be a person who can first observe that like me.
you speak of multidimensions and I have nothing to say other then I agree with multidimensions and it sounds like a good plan many a scientist base their work in sound examples and off other great scientists work. such as the Cartesian co-ordinate system as an approach to map things out . if you went from two dimensions (Albert Einsteins work) into a three dimensional framework then look for the interrelationship between the dimension's you could be on to something/. oh an I really like albert Einstein just his based modelling was 2 dimensional . the e=mc2 is directly 2 dimensional framework ,but Albert clearly played it safe, it was the work he was good at and run the framework throughout on all his work including the formula. I have bounced off this into a 3 dimensional modelling system many years ago with growing the cubic style relationships and then targeted the inter relationships to be able to model on multiple key points that were similar and found some connections were a constant throughout each dimension. form this I was able to model well call it stuff and I have already given it to the government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts