what is an electron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

why06

please give me your best description...tell me what it represents... not it's qualities but it's components...what makes an electron real? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

V

vogon13

Not quite what you asked for (but still I find it fascinating), electrons seem to be 'points'.<br /><br />No length, width, or height.<br /><br />This would seem to rule out any internal structure, there not being room for any.<br /><br />Whatever an electron is, it is 'basic' and 100% pure whatever it is.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

K

kyle_baron

<i><br />electrons seem to be 'points'</i><br /><br />Once they're located with a photon (light) they're a point. Before that, they exist in a nebulous haze of probable locations. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="4"><strong></strong></font></p> </div>

Y

yevaud

The former is known as a "Point Particle," and the latter a "Probability Density." <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

W

why06

I thought electrons had weiht thought... what are you saying?<br />I mean to ask what the word electron represents. What experiments define it. <br />Still please explain this point thing <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.