What was / were your favourite Apollo Mission(s)???

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drwayne

odiedb":1y519idq said:
For me it was Apollo 10, with Stafford, Young, and Cernan! Though an actual landing never took place, real human emotions surfaced. When the LEM went out of control 10 miles above the Lunar Surface, Stafford yelled: "Son of a *****!" with all becoming concerned about their situation..... Sadly most stories of the Apollo missions leave this out, but it is real history.... Actually it was a refreshing change from the bland Bible reading of Apollo 8!

The Apollo 10 ascent stage is in heliocentric orbit, in my wildest dreams I would really like to see that baby today.

Wayne

C

clint_dreamer

drwayne":2j57rctb said:
odiedb":2j57rctb said:
For me it was Apollo 10, with Stafford, Young, and Cernan! Though an actual landing never took place, real human emotions surfaced. When the LEM went out of control 10 miles above the Lunar Surface, Stafford yelled: "Son of a *****!" with all becoming concerned about their situation..... Sadly most stories of the Apollo missions leave this out, but it is real history.... Actually it was a refreshing change from the bland Bible reading of Apollo 8!

The Apollo 10 ascent stage is in heliocentric orbit, in my wildest dreams I would really like to see that baby today.

Wayne

What do you picture it looking like Wayne? Damage wise. I would love to see that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.