What will we do on the Moon?

Page 6 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattblack

Check out this very good book by Dennis Wingo on this very subject.<br /><br />http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1894959108/qid=1107768664/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3011551-2155932?v=glance&s=books<br /><br />Also, I've always thought that planet Mercury would be a better and more plentiful candidate for Helium 3, though of course it would be very difficult and expensive to get it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

R

rogers_buck

Look for well preserved samples of ancient earth. No kidding! <br /><br />There was a fellow featured on the Science Channel in a blurb I caught a few minute of. I missed getting his name, but he had an excellent proposal. The good ole earth has been getting lambasted by asteroids from its creation. Much of the ejected material hits the leading edge of the moon in its orbit where it is promptly burried in other pulverized materials from micro meteorites.<br /><br />The guy's point was that that same material is NOWHERE on earth due to subduction and erosion. Materials 100microns on a side can be sorted out from the lunar background by issotope analysis and used to create sort of an ice core of terrestrial history. Also, material from mars and venus might well be found by the same process.<br /><br />Just like we drill ice cores in Antartica to learn about histories beyond tree rings and other natural catalogs, we will be able to document the undocumentable thanks to the moon.<br /><br />Cool no? Now you might well argue, why not send a robot? The answer is, you have to send humans to make sure the place is safe to send your valuable robots!<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts