Question when and how would the galaxy die

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
They last so long that it is of no concern to us, nor will it ever be. The galaxy eventually will contain nothing but entropy, no usable energy. Then it will be very dark for a very long time. Nothing blows up or melts or atomizes, it's all just cold, motionless, matter.

Roger Penrose, the astrophysicist, said around 10^100 years all the protons will have decayed and there will be no more particles in the universe thus no way to measure time thus no time. That is the point where a new universe sprouts. That's all I know about it so please don't try pressing me on details.

thus no way to measure time thus no time
No pressing, promise, lol. I get it that if expansion continues unchecked there will be no way to measure time. But, it seems to me we need to get rid of the idea that reality is dependent on our observation.
It depends on what time is. I have bored everyone enough on the subject but nevertheless if indeed time is responsible for expansion (ie a process in 4D space) it will still exist in 4D space. Logically space itself continues to exist, or does it? Maybe :)

Latest posts