Where did the SpaceX footage go?

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Saw a tweet where someone said Whoa! what was that on the Merlin at T + 06.37. Rolled back the feed and saw what they meant, something weird moving around on the Merlin body.

Now, following day can't find that footage, it jumps and misses out that part.

Who has it now? Did anyone record the live feed?
Tim

Reactions: Craftsman X
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Just checked on youtube and there is a recording of the take off uninterrupted. I see what you mean about the time of T +6.34 as you said.
It appears to be debris of some kind that is caught in the turbulence (if there is turbulence without air?)
Peculiar looking but I expect that there is a technical explanation of exactly what the debris is?
Would like to find out too!

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Ok, more bits of footage appearing on Twitter today of debris moving around the Merlin Vac.
The flat earthers, CT, CGI, fake brigade say it's a ---- wait for it --- mouse. At T +4.13

Apparently mice (not ice) have been seen scampering around the merlin during 2nd stage burn before!

Not actually buying into that myself for some reason but once you hear 'mouse' and watch the 4.13 footage you can at least see why a flat earther would love that footage.
Thanks
Tim

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Ok, more bits of footage appearing on Twitter today of debris moving around the Merlin Vac.
The flat earthers, CT, CGI, fake brigade say it's a ---- wait for it --- mouse. At T +4.13

Apparently mice (not ice) have been seen scampering around the merlin during 2nd stage burn before!

Not actually buying into that myself for some reason but once you hear 'mouse' and watch the 4.13 footage you can at least see why a flat earther would love that footage.
Thanks
Tim
Hmmm... Merlin the space mouse.. I can see a Disney movie there somewhere.!

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Looks like the mouse is well known! Now the internet questions are;

Do they send up the same mouse each launch?

Are any mice harmed in the making of this film?

Does the mouse get rescued along with stage 2?

On a more serious note, I also noticed at T+2.50 an almost circular dark ring slip off the rear end of the nozzle it then broke up.
Please don't tell me it's a hoop for the mouse to jump through.
Tim

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Looks like the mouse is well known! Now the internet questions are;

Do they send up the same mouse each launch?

Are any mice harmed in the making of this film?

Does the mouse get rescued along with stage 2?

On a more serious note, I also noticed at T+2.50 an almost circular dark ring slip off the rear end of the nozzle it then broke up.
Please don't tell me it's a hoop for the mouse to jump through.
Tim
There's enough material there for a Super mouse franchise, Super mouse goes to the moon...

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
A structural part that fell off and broke up?
Tim
That's only an uneducated guess... (I'm not an engineer, so not based on knowledge of the construction)
just doesn't seem to have the random shape that ice might take?
I don't know if there would be any combustion residue that could build up whilst the engine fires up?
To be honest I have no idea!
like everyone else I would love to know

Latest posts