Which SciFi TV series needs a remake the most?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mee_n_Mac

<font color="yellow">Sorry. That screams "Grandfather Paradox." <br /></font><br /><br /><br /><br />To me it screamed "Sliders".<br /> <br /><br />Still a more original idea then most time travel tales. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

H

henco

To Yevaud <br />I`ve not seen it sounds something like the Rendezvous with Rama book series from Arthur C Clark.<br /><br />Space above and beyond was never really finished as far i can remember they are still floating around in their container - I would like to see that remade but not over xxx episodes <br />

L

lsbd

<font color="yellow">If you ignore the Grandfather Paradox, it isn't SciFi,</font><br /><br />Incorrect. If you ignore the Grandfather Paradox it is, indeed, SciFi (IIRC the Fi stands for <b>FICTION</b>)<br /><br />If you includ the grandfather paradox then it becomes SciAnalRentention

V

vogon13

Although part of it's charm, all the puppet wires in Fireball XL-5 could be removed.<br /><br />Heck, even the spaceship was a puppet, and it had that 'staggery' motion across the screen the human puppets had too.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

W

westernstar

<p>I would nominate a short-lived mid 70's series Space: 1999.&nbsp; They had pretty good effects for that era. With todays graphics it would better.</p><p>Have change the name........ How about Space: 2100</p><p>If anyone doesn't know the show it's on DVD, check it out.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati.  Because it's ten years behind the times.  Mark Twain</p> </div>

C

crazyeddie

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>By "the most," I mean which was produced by technology looking the worst today. Please don't include any of the following: Knight Rider (coming back shortly), Bionic Woman (already back), or Battlestar Galactica (back and gone). <br /> Posted by willpittenger</DIV></p><p>Back in 1968, I recall a series that I really liked, but it lasted only one season. &nbsp;It was called <span style="font-weight:bold" class="Apple-style-span">The Champions</span>. &nbsp;Here's a plot summary:</p><p><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;line-height:17px" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">Craig Stirling, Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett were agents for Nemesis, an international intelligence organization based in Geneva. Their first mission as a team was to investigate some potentially lethal experiments in Communist China, but when they were escaping, their plane was damaged. They crashed into a remote part of the Himalayas where they were rescued by members an unknown civilization. They came away from the encounter with superhuman powers--telepathy, superior strength, memory, etc.--and returned to the outside world as "Champions of law, order and justice", to quote the series' opening.</span></span></p><p>I wouldn't mind seeing a remake. &nbsp;The episodes that I can recall were excellent.</p><p>And yes, I, too, would like to see a remake of Lost in Space....a serious version, minus the campiness....more like the first season, when it was in black-and-white. &nbsp;I don't know why I have such a fondness for that old show, but it must be a baby-boomer thing.</p><p>"Genesis II" was never a series, but I always thought it would have done well as one. &nbsp;And I also cast a vote for <span style="font-weight:bold" class="Apple-style-span">The Starlost</span>....that was an awesome concept.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>There was an early 1970's series that lasted for a single season, called "The Starlost." It was written by Harlan Ellison, and was so badly done by Hollywood, that Ellison insisted that instead of his name, the pseudonym "Cordwainer Bird" be used. But the premise was really good, and could be upgraded for today. The plot: There is a gigantic colonizer ship with multiple separate bionomes, each containing different cultures. All were unaware that they were, in fact, onboard a ship. They were all fleeing a dead Earth. Two (a young man and young woman) from the Quaker bionome get into the ship proper by accident, where they discover that the crew is dead, and the entire ship is on a course for an eventual collision with a star. They begin to look for a backup crew, hell any crew, to try to save everyone. Meanwhile, by fleeing, they have pissed off their elders, who have sent a friend of theirs in pursuit to capture or kill them. All in all, it has real possibility. IMHO. Posted by yevaud</DIV></p><p>There's a Heinlein book like that.&nbsp; A large colony ship where there are different sorts of "gang cultures" involved. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p>Space:Above and Beyond&nbsp; (Although, I think the public has had its fill of Us vs Them due to BSG for awhile.)</p><p>The Greatest American Hero (It's time for a fun Superhero series.)</p><p>Alien Nation (Had decent storylines in it and combined it with a plot angle that let them do whatever they wanted for each episode.)</p><p>Tom Corbett - Space Cadet (This needs to be done, I think.&nbsp; Take a character all the way through training and early service in the Space Corps, maybe even farther.&nbsp; Note: I never saw the original, I don't think. But, I did see a couple of reruns somewhere.)</p><p>Earth 2 - Horrible plots and stories in the original except for the opener plots.&nbsp; The characters were generally good though.&nbsp; A "survival" type series on an alien world would combine the best of "reality TV" with time honored favs like "Lost in Space."</p><p>Lost in Space - Neat, but pumping it up to today's audience's standards might ruin it.</p><p>A Totally Original Series - Out of everything, I think this is what needs to be done.&nbsp; I'm tired of Hollywood dredging the barrel to see what they can resurrect.&nbsp; They need to put something new up on the big-little screen.&nbsp; For instance, there are tons of sci-fi books out there that people scream should be made into a series.&nbsp; They could take a few of those, combine them together and come up with something truly entertaining.&nbsp; Or, better yet, lock themselves up in a cabin for a few months and come out with something totally new.&nbsp; Heck, tell 'em to call me and I'll come up with something.. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

A

Arion

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>By "the most," I mean which was produced by technology looking the worst today. Please don't include any of the following: Knight Rider (coming back shortly), Bionic Woman (already back), or Battlestar Galactica (back and gone). <br />Posted by willpittenger</DIV><br /><br />They were on my list of things that needed to be improved. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

bdewoody

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>By "the most," I mean which was produced by technology looking the worst today. Please don't include any of the following: Knight Rider (coming back shortly), Bionic Woman (already back), or Battlestar Galactica (back and gone). <br />Posted by willpittenger</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;<font size="2">How about Space 1999, retitled Space 2099 which is probably overly optomistic.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">Bob DeWoody</font></em> </div>

B

bdewoody

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>In reply to:I would love to see a re-make of Lost in Space You mean like the movie they did a while back? In reply to:We could see our heroes actually prevent the Titanic from sinking and find out the consequences of that, or perhaps they prevent Lincoln or JFK from being assassinated and learn the consequences from that, etc.,etc. until we get a present day that we can live with&hellip;Of course to keep the story going there should always be a catch to any historical change which actually makes matters worse, oh well, better luck in next weeks episode. Sorry. That screams "Grandfather Paradox." <br />Posted by willpittenger</DIV></p><p><font size="2">There was a series called the "Time Tunnel" and one of the episodes featured an attempt to save the Titannic.</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">Bob DeWoody</font></em> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>There was a series called the "Time Tunnel" and one of the episodes featured an attempt to save the Titannic. <br /> Posted by bdewoody</DIV></p><p>I loved the old Time Tunnel series.&nbsp; I also liked "Sliders" and "Quantum Leap."&nbsp; It's strange that I enjoyed these shows yet I'm not fond of books like that except some of the alternate history ones. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts