Why some physicists really think there's a 'mirror universe' hiding in space-time

The arxiv report shown has some interesting comments, https://arxiv.org/pdf/1803.11554.pdf,
"We frame our discussion in the context of the CPT symmetric universe [16, 17]. In this scenario the universe before the Big Bang and the universe after the Big Bang is reinterpreted as a universe/anti-universe pair that is created from nothing." The expected right-handed dark matter candidate also does this for the Earth, "A dense population of VR, is expected at the center of the Earth because as the Earth moves through the halo, the VR,1 scatter with Earth matter, lose energy and become gravitationally trapped. An accumulated VR, 1 then decays into a Higgs and an active neutrino that propagates through the Earth and produces a tau lepton near the Earth's surface. The particular angle of the ANITA events is a combination of the dark matter distribution
in the Earth, the neutrino interaction cross section, and the tau survival probability."

Interesting dark matter report for the Earth indicating we have an anti-universe that surrounds us, created from nothing as the arxiv report shows.

Does Space.com believe in censorship in replies from its peanut gallery? I wrote a response to this subject, only to find that it has been removed. Did my opinion ruffle some downy feathers? Did I not have right amount of mumbo jumbo? Maybe it was my lack of nodding like a bobble head doll to the belief that the Mirror universe exists. Mirror. Mirror. On the wall whose the ugliest one of all? Maybe it was my sarcasm? Don't know. Don't care.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
The arthicle states:
"... 480 picoelectronvolts (PeV), a measure of a particle's mass."

Is this a typo? PeV is Peta electron Volts, not pico electron Volts.
Peta, is the SI prefix for 10^15, while pico is the SI prefix for 10^-12.
That's a big difference.

480 pico eV is very small.
Perhaps not unreasonable if the sterile neutrino is very light.
But it should be written peV, not PeV if that is indeed what was intended.

But the article also describes the shower of lighter particles detected by ANITA.
I don't know of any particles in the pico eV range.
So, I'm guessing the author should've said Peta electon Volts. Right?

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
How far does the 'mirror' universe go in terms of reflecting this universe? Is matter organized the same in both universes? For example, would the CMB for each universe be a mirror image of the one for the other universe?

Taking it even further, did the same galaxies, stars and planets form in each universe? Is there a Mirror Earth? And a Mirror Me?

FYI, the universe/antiuniverse model is a multiverse cosmology that explains our universe origin and is said to solve the matter vs. anti-matter asymmetry problem.

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020arXiv200209863R/abstract. "If one analyses the quantum creation of the universe, it turns out that the most natural way in which the universes can be created is in pairs of universes whose time flow is reversely related. It means that the matter that propagates in one of the universes can be seen, from the point of view of the other universe, as antimatter, and viceversa. They thus form a universe-antiuniverse pair. From a global point of view, i.e. from the point of view of the whole multiverse ensemble, the creation of universes in universe-antiuniverse pairs restores the matter-antimatter asymmetry observed in each individual universe and it might provide us with distinguishable imprints of the whole multiverse proposal."

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018PhRvL.121y1301B/abstract, "We propose that the state of the Universe does not spontaneously violate C P T . Instead, the Universe after the big bang is the C P T image of the Universe before it, both classically and quantum mechanically. The pre- and postbang epochs comprise a universe-antiuniverse pair, emerging from nothing directly into a hot, radiation-dominated era. C P T symmetry selects a unique QFT vacuum state on such a spacetime, providing a new interpretation of the cosmological baryon asymmetry, as well as a remarkably economical explanation for the cosmological dark matter. Requiring only the standard three-generation model of particle physics (with right-handed neutrinos), a Z2 symmetry suffices to render one of the right-handed neutrinos stable. We calculate its abundance from first principles: matching the observed dark matter density requires its mass to be 4.8 ×10^8 GeV . Several other testable predictions follow: (i) the three light neutrinos are Majorana particles and allow neutrinoless double β decay; (ii) the lightest neutrino is massless; and (iii) there are no primordial long-wavelength gravitational waves. We mention connections to the strong C P problem and the arrow of time."

No universe is an island. We want to see [this] universe in total isolation to the rest of time and space. The problem is that we want to believe that time and space has a beginning, and therefor will have and end. It is the belief that there is only one solar system and the heavens is filled with angles that look down upon humanity. The world is flat and if you go to the planets edge you will fall off and drift into the either world forever and ever. Science is drifting into the realm of fiction and leaving reality behind. When Einstein states that if you go to the edge of the universe, you will end up on the other side. He totally believed that nothing existed outside the realm of "our" universe. It can't be OUR universe, for it is clearly MY universe. Finders keepers. Losers weepers. We went from multiverse where there was an infinite number of me, to mirror-verse where there is only one of me. Although, most claim that this theory can never be proven, for if such did exist it would be impossible to get to this "mirror universe". You mean I can never meet my doppelganger? I can have my non-relationship with non-biological mirror universe self. Maybe we can reminisce about the good old days. Why is it that the time and space only began some 14 billion human years ago? What is that in terms of dog years? Some are seeing galaxies older than the universe, but are they seeing other universes that were close to our universe? Time and space are infinite, the universe is finite; and does not have a non-biological twin.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
No universe is an island. We want to see [this] universe in total isolation to the rest of time and space. The problem is that we want to believe that time and space has a beginning, and therefor will have and end. It is the belief that there is only one solar system and the heavens is filled with angles that look down upon humanity. The world is flat and if you go to the planets edge you will fall off and drift into the either world forever and ever. Science is drifting into the realm of fiction and leaving reality behind. When Einstein states that if you go to the edge of the universe, you will end up on the other side. He totally believed that nothing existed outside the realm of "our" universe. It can't be OUR universe, for it is clearly MY universe. Finders keepers. Losers weepers. We went from multiverse where there was an infinite number of me, to mirror-verse where there is only one of me. Although, most claim that this theory can never be proven, for if such did exist it would be impossible to get to this "mirror universe". You mean I can never meet my doppelganger? I can have my non-relationship with non-biological mirror universe self. Maybe we can reminisce about the good old days. Why is it that the time and space only began some 14 billion human years ago? What is that in terms of dog years? Some are seeing galaxies older than the universe, but are they seeing other universes that were close to our universe? Time and space are infinite, the universe is finite; and does not have a non-biological twin.

I think the most likely scenario is the multi-verse. As above so below. There are more then likely many many other universes if not an infinite amount with atleast up to 12 dimensions and infinite timelines on top of all this. Even our brains are like a little universe. And that universe can look immensely big to something immensely small.

Oct 26, 2019
Visit site
Wow! I think therefore I am a universe? I shall wait till the science fiction writers catch up with this concept and explain it in terms I can understand.

The title of the space.com report here said, "Why some physicists really think there's a 'mirror universe' hiding in space-time" FYI. Interesting conversations here. My observation. The heliocentric solar system and astronomical observations supporting the heliocentric solar system going back to Galileo is better supported and verified than scanty observations used to support the universe/anti-verse or multiverse cosmology. I regular observe using two telescopes (90-mm size and 10-inch) and can clearly see the Galilean moons moving around Jupiter. So far, no observations of another universe peering back at me at the eyepiece :)

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Please forgive my lack of understanding/comprehension of the various theories under consideration, but I have a question:

Do any of the current theories negate the possibility that somehow the entire process was "kicked off" by something outside of the process?

I think the most likely scenario is the multi-verse. As above so below. There are more then likely many many other universes if not an infinite amount with atleast up to 12 dimensions and infinite timelines on top of all this. Even our brains are like a little universe. And that universe can look immensely big to something immensely small.
Why are we so hung up on this concept of multidimensions? Can they prove that even they exist outside the realm of theory? Maybe I am wrong to believe that this universe in encapsulated in some unlimited force that itself goes into infinity? Even a swimming pool is encased by the earth that surrounds it, and the Earth is surrounded by the sky . Earth's atmosphere is encased by the solar space it exists in. The universe can't exist in a limited amount of space held in nothing. This is like trying to explain to flat earthers that the world is spherical and not flat like their heads. Are scientists looking for ET, or are they in search of other White people? We are in search of ET who look just like us, and still use 8 track cassettes and VCR's. Wow man. That would be groove.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Why are we so hung up on this concept of multidimensions? Can they prove that even they exist outside the realm of theory? Maybe I am wrong to believe that this universe in encapsulated in some unlimited force that itself goes into infinity? Even a swimming pool is encased by the earth that surrounds it, and the Earth is surrounded by the sky . Earth's atmosphere is encased by the solar space it exists in. The universe can't exist in a limited amount of space held in nothing. This is like trying to explain to flat earthers that the world is spherical and not flat like their heads. Are scientists looking for ET, or are they in search of other White people? We are in search of ET who look just like us, and still use 8 track cassettes and VCR's. Wow man. That would be groove.

I think if we just look at nature there is always something outside of everything with no beginning and no end. The universe is also nature so I think the chances are pretty high that outside of this universe is another universe. Something interesting to ponder though there are even more stars just in this universe then there are grains of sand on every beach on this Earth. At the same time sand is star dust. I think the ET's have already been found they just won't admit it. More like they found us a long,long time ago.

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
Laughable at best! What you think is a mirror of our universe does not exist! Its not even the same as this universe. Thats the only bone i will give you! I know exactly what it is just like i know what darkmatter is. Your speculations are just that. I have the real truth!

COLGeek

Laughable at best! What you think is a mirror of our universe does not exist! Its not even the same as this universe. Thats the only bone i will give you! I know exactly what it is just like i know what darkmatter is. Your speculations are just that. I have the real truth!
And that "real truth" is exactly what? Please share...

I may not have the truth, but I too don't believe in the theory of the multiverse or a mirror image of this universe. At one time in our mental evolution we became aware of the environment that surrounds us. At one time we believed that we were the center of the cosmos and that the lights on high were angles that watched down upon us. We thought the world was flat and that any one who did not agree were sent to the Inquisitor. Now we wee the universe and wonder if this is all there is? Even at our present state of technology can not see beyond this universe, and many believing that there is nothing beyond this universe. We are not only the crown of creation, but we ae the only universe in existence. So, in order to compensate for the one dimensional view we have devised a number of escape valves. One is the multiverse where there are infinite copies of ourselves in infinite dimensions. There is the Alice in Wonderland Theory where Dorthey walks through the mirror to find a mirrored world on the other side. Does another universe exist on the other side of the mirror? We want to believe that space and time is finite and all will come to and end; eventually. I have always believed that the sum of matter in the universe is finite, but the total sum of matter in existence is infinite. I do believe that the number of universes in existence is infinite and the sum of time is infinite. Time has no beginning; and time will have no end. Is there a mirror image of this universe? Probably not. Can we prove its existence? Probably not. Canwe prove that there are other universes in existence. Probably yes. Can we find the dimensions of this universe. Do we know the mass, circumference, and depths of this universe? I believe that in time we will map the dimensions of this universe and see what lies beyond our home universe. We will gaze upon the hand of infinity and marvel at life s beauty. Life is forever. and life goes on with in and without you.

The pool is encapsulated by the Earth, and the earth is part of the solar system. The planets revolve around the sun, and the sun dance with other solar systems revolving around the center of the galaxy. The Milky Way traverses the cosmos around the center of the universe. What the universe does I don't know, but all matter in the cosmos in in constant motion. If all matter is in constant motion, this universe has to be in motion, too. Matter can't be contained by nothing, like the Jedi force that can move objects at sheer will. Life has been going on for eternity and will be going on long after we have passed into history and will be long forgotten. Will we find the edge of the universe? I hope one day we will.

There is a mirror alright because there is anti-matter to matter in many more areas of physics than just one. The science of Complexity even deals in it concerning life... and even human interactions. It's one of the reasons why frontier is an absolute imperative of life and humans rather than just being merely important.

Smash together particles in a particle accelerator to produce a monolith and you get the satanistic devil, so to speak, of an anti right with your utopian result. So dream of a fusion-unity of Utopia on Earth rather than a Frontier division into many paralleling unities and you get [division] (revolutionary evolutionary branching) ripping its natural portion out of the guts of your [more perfect unity].... If you will not or cannot divide outwardly in frontier into two or more from one, you absolutely will shatter and divide inwardly via the Mirror reversal, via the anti-matter human made by your Utopian embracement, made by your utopian-matter human. The Utopianly precise twin (perfect lawn of perfect grass), clone, of the matter perfect human in every possible way but one... and that one, and only one, way making him or her the most opposed, most deadly and destructive, opposite that could ever exist in the Universe. There is no way to identify him or her for the 'different' they really are, no way under the sun than just a seemingly irrational feeling you [might] have. And you wonder why perfect Utopias never, ever, fail to implode / explode in self-destruction.

So, the Mirror is in far more places in the Universe, into far more things in the Universe, than you can ever dream, or have nightmares, concerning.

It is also into relative time's arrows of time (past > future || real-time 0-point universal clock 'moment' || future > past). A loop, past > future (+) / future > past (-). In this case, what goes around the loop positive, comes around the loop negative. Mirror mirroring to two loops (BC|BB <@> |0| <@> BB|BC).

In a previous thread I described the cones reversed (open ends inside facing and merging, point end outside) then overlaid onto and into the ones shown in the article, increasing the dimensionality of the cones and changing the picture to wormhole as well as cone (the two then being the same thing... and/or).

Last edited:

Latest posts