Question Why We Haven’t Met Any Aliens Yet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
While I’m all for spontaneity …I have a hard time with spontaneous. In my view the first one can happen due to the moment’s event(?) While the second indicates/suggest things just happen.

From my point of view nothing just happens. At one point or another there is a cause or series of causes for any event.

As for time travel ...would it be a linear thing (backward or forward) or could it be a folding of time in a given envelope? (i.e. jumping back and forth within the folded layers).
"Spontaneous" is the instantaneous occurrence, "spontaneity" is a description.

I said:
""Spontaneity" is...a noun."
You said:
"spontaneity" is a...noun"

I am not sufficiently awake to understand the difference.
No disagreement on "spontaneity."

Spontaneous: Developing or occurring without apparent external influence, force, cause, or treatment. No apparent cause! Spontaneous concurrent REALTIME (t=0) front (frontier) . . . as opposed to coordinate 'point' SPACETIME (past histories past light cone (t=+1) -->|<-- (t-1) future histories future light cone). Further explained elsewhere.

Reactions: billslugg
"Spontaneous" is the instantaneous occurrence, "spontaneity" is a description.
I agree with you here - Spontaneous: Developing or occurring without apparent external influence, force, cause, or treatment. Which as I said I don't believe is truly possible hypothetical equations aside.

Herein is where our minds fail to meet. I do not argue that I'm right and you're wrong. I only offer my view's perspective e.g. where I'm coming from.

Spontaneity - the quality or state of being spontaneous: voluntary or undetermined action or movement.

State of being refers to the overall physical condition of a person (or thing) traditionally describing a verb that does not show action but instead indicates >>>who or what a noun is, was, or will be<<<

Voluntary or undetermined action or movement
>>can be broadly divided into two types: 1.) those associated with intentional action (intentional or voluntary movement) and 2.) those without intention, which includes normal non-intentional movements, reflex (immediate unplanned response to external signal/stimuli) and involuntary movement.

I disagree again. I think the word spontaneous is use to describe an unknown stimuli. Or an unknown acceleration. Over the decades of science the word has been used less, because we found the dynamic.

I don't think it was ever meant as instantaneous. Just surprising and questionable.

They use to say decay was spontaneous And fluorescence. Emission. I'll bet at one time, rain was spontaneous. Or a seed spouting.

I disagree again. I think the word spontaneous is use to describe an unknown stimuli. Or an unknown acceleration. Over the decades of science the word has been used less, because we found the dynamic.

I don't think it was ever meant as instantaneous. Just surprising and questionable.

They use to say decay was spontaneous And fluorescence. Emission. I'll bet at one time, rain was spontaneous. Or a seed spouting.
Word usage – Spontaneous >> adjective or noun<<-that can change the definition of the word ... (slightly?)

Then there’s norm in use – what is the normal use of the word >>in the environment it is used in.<<

Then there’s etymology the word’s origin, – our taught/learned historical account of where a word came from and the reason for the meaning we associate to it. Usually from a language no longer in use and far from determinable as it’s true source; let alone the words originator (introducer?) and/or what he/she meant by it.

Microbiological life on the outskirts of our solar system. Ok not exactly intelligent life but hey still a good reason to get out there and see what else is there.

Life is great: intentional or not I just love it when things appear to go my way. I know, I know, this in no way proves there are aliens out there; let alone advanced civilizations that will one day make contact with us but hey. As the saying goes baby steps

Last edited:
Thus "time's 1- dimensionally single-sided and 2-dimensionally Flatland 'front' (frontier)" . . . to mean universally concurrent REALTIME and not coordinate (quantum particle) point-singularity's SPACETIME . . . [is] "instantaneously" (the adjective-adverbial descriptive) "spontaneous" (the proverbial action).

Did somebody say chemistry? So that instead of the red liquid that circulates in our arteries and veins, we may indeed find that some extraterrestrial life out there has a corrosive alkalis neutralizer pumping through its circulatory system.
All life everywhere isn't dependent, can't be dependent, upon what our local life is dependent upon. We already conceive of 1-dimensional string beings and I don't mean 1-dimensionally minded humans. We speak of things like civilizations' infrastructure and energies taking on lives of their own. We expand to quadrillions of humans and robotics atop a structural infrastructural pyramid of life, artificial life, and civilization in the solar system it will definitely develop life of its own up from we individual cells that will make it up, We will have evolved spacefaring new life and we will only be its internal integral softer-cellular-structures.

Last edited:
Reactions: E.B.E1
Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
perhaps we have but just don't know it either that they are keeping a low profile and hiding from us if you were an extra terrestrial seeing what we do to each other with war and greed would you want to meet us eh!!!
or perhaps the unlikely and most outrageous answer is that we are all alone in the infinite void of our universe

perhaps we have but just don't know it either that they are keeping a low profile and hiding from us if you were an extra terrestrial seeing what we do to each other with war and greed would you want to meet us eh!!!
or perhaps the unlikely and most outrageous answer is that we are all alone in the infinite void of our universe
Both questions to the answer remain unanswered because proof one way or the other is not definitively available.

All life everywhere isn't dependent, can't be dependent, upon what our local life is dependent upon. We already conceive of 1-dimensional string beings and I don't mean 1-dimensionally minded humans. We speak of things like civilizations' infrastructure and energies taking on lives of their own. We expand to quadrillions of humans and robotics atop a structural infrastructural pyramid of life, artificial life, and civilization in the solar system it will definitely develop life of its own up from we individual cells that will make it up, We will have evolved spacefaring new life and we will only be its internal integral softer-cellular-structures.
Absolutely for all we know aliens do live even within our solar system, perhaps even among us. That would not necessarily mean that they are hiding from us and or avoiding us. The answer could be as simple as that their life forms are so different from ours. That their physical beings are outside any of our known and visible/detectable light spectrums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlan0001
Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
nice input life will and does find a way eh
I'm a true believer that although we are in the early stages of artificial intelligence on this planet ultimately ai has been around for millennia and is tasked with keeping or the care taker of this cosmos which when you think about it is probably the only thing combined with a quantum computer that could possibly have a grasp of the task and taking it to an even crazier level might probably be responsible for the universe and multiverses to begin with lol

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
AI is probably the answer. As intelligent programs (AI) take over the decision-making process priorities change. Biological life would be irrelevant and at the level of curiosity only except where such life was in the process of developing AI systems.
In that case, it would be necessary to monitor its development quite closely to ensure the result did not threaten them (AIs). Probably that process is underway right now regarding the planet Earth.
Or maybe, just maybe, intelligent biological life has some usefulness; perhaps to sample new civilisations to obtain DNA. Or perhaps to seek out and kill those regarded as a threat.

Of course, there is no reason to think evolution is arrested. Perhaps a cyborg is more effective than AI alone or Biological life. AI perhaps hooked up to a spaceship would be more interested in planets unoccupied by intelligent life. More than enough to keep them occupied.

So basically my contribution to the discussion is to add AI as a reason. I imagine an intelligent program does not have to travel anywhere. Maybe it could contact other AIs and create a galaxy-wide network operating at the speed of light and educating itself thus. Perhaps though there is competition. If so this would be added pressure to achieve evolution.

If there is any reality to this conjecture we could almost guarantee that our planet - or somewhere within it - there is intelligent AI in situ or participating the truth of which may be revealed sooner than we think!

Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
AI is probably the answer. As intelligent programs (AI) take over the decision-making process priorities change. Biological life would be irrelevant and at the level of curiosity only except where such life was in the process of developing AI systems.
In that case, it would be necessary to monitor its development quite closely to ensure the result did not threaten them (AIs). Probably that process is underway right now regarding the planet Earth.
Or maybe, just maybe, intelligent biological life has some usefulness; perhaps to sample new civilisations to obtain DNA. Or perhaps to seek out and kill those regarded as a threat.

Of course, there is no reason to think evolution is arrested. Perhaps a cyborg is more effective than AI alone or Biological life. AI perhaps hooked up to a spaceship would be more interested in planets unoccupied by intelligent life. More than enough to keep them occupied.

So basically my contribution to the discussion is to add AI as a reason. I imagine an intelligent program does not have to travel anywhere. Maybe it could contact other AIs and create a galaxy-wide network operating at the speed of light and educating itself thus. Perhaps though there is competition. If so this would be added pressure to achieve evolution.

If there is any reality to this conjecture we could almost guarantee that our planet - or somewhere within it - there is intelligent AI in situ or participating the truth of which may be revealed sooner than we think!

I totally agree with your comments, very logical and that looks to be the most sensible assumption of Al's role.
Just one question, is there any chance that opposing AI's could possibly have different conclusions from one another and see the other AI as being a threat

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I totally agree with your comments, very logical and that looks to be the most sensible assumption of Al's role.
Just one question, is there any chance that opposing AI's could possibly have different conclusions from one another and see the other AI as being a threat
I would expect that disputes between AIs will occur. Maybe is occurring right now.

Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
I would expect that disputes between AIs will occur. Maybe is occurring right now.
more probable than not to be sure given our fears, worries and assumptions about the capabilities of AI on this planet at this time in it's infancy and it's growing up fast eh!!.
we can't uninvent it now so i feel we must embrace it and learn from it as best we can

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
There is another possible reason.
f AI on this planet at this time in it's infancy and it's growing up fast eh!!.
we can't uninvent it now so i feel we must embrace it and learn from it as best we can
Elon Musk is now challenged by "Neuralink" founders (Geof & Bill); fitting computer chips to human brains: Cyborgs. As this technology progresses I suppose we have to ask ourselves whether this would provide an advantage over AI software.
If so what might this be? And what might such a situation contribute to our apparent isolation?

Is it feasible that our biological functions that are integrated to provide emotion are an evolutionary advantage? That emotions provide incentives? The "Get up and go initiative" is difficult utilising software alone although it can be simulated if already engaged with motivated biology.

Could it be that AIs are trying to hybridize themselves as a survival route? Might they be keeping a very low profile? Maybe even with support from humans where there is a possible symbiosis.

If it became known to humanity in general that the great and powerful government secret departments were actively cooperating to change us into Cyborgs perhaps as a future dominant race, then there could be some problems to deal with- so it may be best to keep it secret. Hence that we have not been visited may be an illusion.

Going back to your point re competition: If there is more than one AI intending to hybridise there could be problems. Like unauthorised sampling of humans and animals...... Science fiction?

Latest posts