Why we see only one side of the moon? Artificial setup??

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siobhaninphilly

<<Another manifestation of 'Intelligent Design'. Get used to it! I suspect we will be hearing a lot more people thinking this way in the next generation as our (US) public school systems increasingly teach this concept>><br /><br />I think you misunderstand what "Intelligent Design" is. Intelligent Design (ID) is just another name for Creationism. It is an attempt by religious right, anti-evolution nuts to make Creationism look scientific. You can read more about ID and evolutionists' response to this movement at: http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/nhmag.html<br /><br />So, Intelligent Design has nothing to do with people who try to attribute every pattern in the universe to life from other planets. Unless you are suggesting that these people are substituting aliens for God, but even still, ID deals with issues of the evolution/creation of life on Earth.

T

tap_sa

<font color="yellow">"Any one have any answer please help!!"</font><br /><br />I'm about to reveal one of the greatest secrets of Creation. When God was making the Moon he was interrupted by the Holy Spirit shouting from heavenly kitchen "Hey Jehwa, stop what you're doing and get over here, chow's ready!". At that moment God had already molded moon to be round but all surface detailing was unfinished. Because the Earth-Moon system was going to be the home God's favourite creation, the Man, He was anxious to see the final look of it, so he made a divine 'quick fix'. <br /><br />God held Moon on his hand, rubbed one side of it with his other hand creating some Mares, Highlands etc. and placed the result to such orbit that the rubbed side kept facing the Earth. Because God is omnipotent all this was as easy for Him as making a snowball is for you. For a brief moment (billion years or so) he admired the results and then rushed for lunch break.<br /><br />After returning to work God thought that the quick fix looked so cool He decided not to do any more work with it. Don't fix what ain't broken applies also for higher entities. But He did worry a bit about what happens once Man goes to space and sees the other, unfinished backside of the Moon. Man might get suspicious. Then God decided to apply another quick fix; " I'll place all information required for manned spaceflight into this Tree of Knowledge and prohibit the Man eating from it! Marvelous, damn I'm smart! "<br /><br />The rest is known biblical history.

S

silylene old

<font color="yellow">So, Intelligent Design has nothing to do with people who try to attribute every pattern in the universe to life from other planets. Unless you are suggesting that these people are substituting aliens for God, but even still, ID deals with issues of the evolution/creation of life on Earth.</font><br /><br />Actually I do think this has <i>everything</i> to do with the 'intelligent design' hypothesis. And yes, I know exactly that 'classical intelligent design' is an attempt to disguise creationism by the creationites (search on my posts, I have posted about this in threads several months back).<br /><br />The thing is, 'intelligent design' is a very slippery slope, once one starts invoking supernatural explanations for everything one doesn't immediately understand. It starts with biological creationism. Then it becomes an easy explanation for any surprising observation. Why would we expect our fellow citizens to understand science or think rationally, for if continual supernatural interventions can explain speciation, than supernatural interventions can also be extended to explain geology, planetary science, chemistry, meteorology, economics or gardening.<br /><br />Eventually, the slippery slope of 'intelligent design' will place our ability to behave as rational beings back into pre-renaissance society. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

J

JonClarke

I think we need to be careful in how we use words, there are many shades of meanings of "creationist" and "intelligent design", these meanings evolve with time and vary with context. These are also used a rhetoric and invective, which is not particularly helpful. Then ID is being used for a political agenda in the US, something quite opaque to many of us elsewhere. And it is not just "creationists" who have an agenda, many of their critics also have them. It should also be emembered that some young earth earths repudiate ID and some ID people (Behe in particular) who repudicate young earthism and accepts common descent.<br /><br />My objection to what is commonly called ID primarily because it is poor philosophy and poor theology. We can only really understand the issue if we work through these issues. But people are reluctant to do so because they are hard and rather confronting things to do.<br /><br />Jon<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts