Why we think of blackholes in particular directions only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chirag_eng

My Question is that why science always tells that something enters into blackhole from top and sucked into it? As there is nothing like top-bottom in universe. Why there is no theory that something comes within the particular gravitational range of blackhole from anywhere(means no top/bottom but three dimension) sucked into it and converted into energy which blackhole release.

S

Saiph

things can enter from any direction.<br /><br />However, they tend to enter from around the equator region, primarily due to conservation of angular momentum, and friction with surrounding particles. Most systems that "collapse" due to gravity end up in disk systems about an equatorial plane, so this isn't new or special to BH's.<br /><br />One of the most energetic regions (and thus one of the most often observed and reported features) are polar jets, or stuff leaving from the poles of the BH (90 degrees from the equator, parrallel to the rotation axis of the BH). This is because the magnetic fields tend to funnel fast moving particles up to the poles before the particles escape the magnetic fields (there's a "hole" in the fields at the poles that allows them to escape). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts