Will we ever be able to communicate with aliens?

"One of the common objections to METI, Vakoch pointed out, is that we may alert hostile extraterrestrials to our existence and provoke an alien invasion. "In reality, any civilization with the capacity to travel between the stars also has the technology to pick up the accidental radio and television signals that have been leaking off into space for the past century," Vakoch said. So any aliens picking up our targeted messages won't be surprised to know we exist, Vakoch added. "But what will surprise them is that we're attempting to start a conversation. That's the whole point of METI — to get across our intention of making first contact."

Comments like this in the space.com article suggest ET would need to be about 35 pc or less distance from Earth to hear our broadcast across the Milky Way that has been taking place for about 100 years now. Using 35 pc distance and this exoplanet site, https://exoplanet.eu/home/, 627 exoplanets are known. 528 exoplanets are listed within 35 pc at this site, https://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/index.html

Apparently no verified ET phoning home within 35 pc of Earth presently.

Reactions: billslugg
Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
We have only scratched the surface in knowing how many planets are truly out there. Our technology improves every day, but the truth is we don't know. Communication is a 2 way process. There is also the assumption that someone wishes to contact us. Intelligent lifeforms in our galaxy may not wish contact. They may be like the intelligent lifeforms that observe us, and do wish contact or discovery. Having said this, it is possible another species may wish communication with us. In addition we may observe evidence of another civilization, but again we have only observed the tip of the iceberg.

Any intelligent species in our galaxy that has achieved star travel have likely achieved unity as a species as well, evolving pass the need for social aggression. Humans have not yet come together as a species. We are warlike and still too primitive. An alliance with another species is simple common sense. Both parties have so much to gain by working together.

And there might just be a way to modulate a star........at least in one direction. Sounds impossible doesn't it.

In the past few years I have read about materials that can stop and block EM fields. Can be applied as a film. This film and filter can be switched with a small current. A patch of this material.....might blink star light in one direction. Star code. CQ CQ de Earth. Anybody out there? Can you hear me now?

Reactions: COLGeek
I saw a discussion of "leaky radio waves" years ago. None of our AM/FM stations can make it even as far at Jupiter before they are buried in the noise. Military, high power, narrow bandwidth, narrow beam radar can get at least to the nearest star but only if they had a 1000' dish aimed at us.

Reactions: rod
Jan 17, 2024
Visit site
We have to start thinking like we are the two year child in the middle of a MIT physics discussion. We could be in the middle of a multi- planet discussion and be totally unaware. I believe it was Max Plank who said that.. We know that faster than light communication is theoretically possible. A Type 3 civilization won't be using radio. They won't leave pollution in their atmosphere for us to detect. When we do detect alien communications, it will be a used and abused undergrad who ignores everything he/she/they were taught and goes ahead with their crazy experiment.
Ready - steady - go!

Jan 17, 2024
Visit site
We have to start thinking like we are the two year child in the middle of a MIT physics discussion. We could be in the middle of a multi- planet discussion and be totally unaware. I believe it was Max Plank who said that.. We know that faster than light communication is theoretically possible. A Type 3 civilization won't be using radio. They won't leave pollution in their atmosphere for us to detect. When we do detect alien communications, it will be a used and abused undergrad who ignores everything he/she/they were taught and goes ahead with their crazy experiment.
Ready - steady - go!
Sorry y'all. MAX TEGMARK!
Max Planck was stuck in my alien head 😆

Jan 28, 2023
Visit site
Ready - steady - go!
We expect a foreign civilization to behave according to what we humans imagine it should behave if it is at a higher level, and the corresponding levels are our human ideas. It's not hard to be wrong about that.

CENProject

BANNED
Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Many people communicate with aliens now and then, and these aliens are their dead relatives. Often, the aliens that visit our planet are dead humans, who are ancestors or relatives of modern-day humans.

When anyone dies on Earth, they become alien to this planet. But they still reach out to their loved ones and relatives if those ones are perceptive enough to hear them. When you die, your consciousness doesn't cease to exist like many people think, and this is simply due to the law of conservation of energy.

This is explored objectively (scientifically) using new Physics and Mathematics explained below.

Communicating with such aliens is called conwave communication in CENProject. CEN is an acronym for Consciousness-Energy.

Conwaves are consciousness waves, which are waves emitted by our brains. These waves are electromagnetic (EM) in nature occupying regions around the radio wave segment of the EM spectrum.

There are tons of alien races in the Universe, but the aliens that often visit our planet are humans who had lived on Earth in the past and are now dead.

So, they visit the planet hiding in segments of the EM spectrum, which humans and our instruments cannot see as of yet. When we build consciousness sensors/detectors and consciousness telescopes in the coming years that can pick up EM waves of extremely low frequencies and extremely high frequencies, we'd be able to communicate with aliens that visit the Earth stealthily and on other planets.

Conwave communication works in many ways like radio communication as superposition and coherence underlie both. To communicate with aliens, a solid understanding of consciousness and the human brain is required.

This is the purpose of CENProject, a research project where new Physics and Mathematics have been developed to explore consciousness objectively: Consciousness Physics and Consciousness Mechanics. Communication with aliens, conwave communication, is one of the many exciting applications of Consciousness Physics.

Last edited:
It would take time for advanced interstellar life to pick up our transmissions. But . . . as to their phoning home and being phoned from home, they may have found a way to take advantage of "quantum entanglement" for doing space-less, time-less, instant communication between two transmitter / receivers that are one transmitter / receiver in two places (something like that).

Quantum entanglement cannot be used for FRL communication. Whoever collapses their photon first gets a randomly selected state. The person at the other end gets the opposite state. Each side sees a random state. No information can be transmitted.
You can't observe the timing of the observation at the other end as that would entail observing your photon. Then, you would not know if the other guy had collapsed it or if you had.
The speed of light determines how fast time progresses. If c was infinite, everything would happen in one instant. The end of the Universe would happen immediately.

Reactions: AboveAndBeyond
You're probably wrong, Bill, and a wormhole or a stargate would prove it, if not for communicating, for travel purposes.

I should have said something 'quantum-entanglement-like' rather than "quantum entanglement' itself. I concede that much.

Technologists are thinking of and working out ways of secure data transfer and other secure communications securely outside of classical space and time as we know them at this time. Supposedly the advanced alien techs would already have such hyperspace, hypertime, data transfers and other communications.

Be careful of flat dismissals, Bill.
-------------------

1.) "Heavier than air ships will never fly!" -- Lord Kelvin.
2.) "The future of computers is computers so large as to cover entire city blocks and no one but the richest nations and corporations will be able to afford one!" -- John von Neumann.

Not only is FTL travel dismissable, but it is proven not to be possible. The loopholes in Bell's Inequality have been closed. The proof is absolute. It can only exist within someone's imagination. Were it true then time would go backwards which would allow for a decrease in system entropy which would allow heat to move towards hotter areas which would cause the universe to implode, which it isn't.

well.....if you believe that all velocity is relative, then a diameter can move at 2 times c. But I believe it to be mirrored information.

And I have heard of a riding frog with a sword and a pistol. ah hum.

Not only is FTL travel dismissable, but it is proven not to be possible. The loopholes in Bell's Inequality have been closed. The proof is absolute. It can only exist within someone's imagination. Were it true then time would go backwards which would allow for a decrease in system entropy which would allow heat to move towards hotter areas which would cause the universe to implode, which it isn't.
You are saying 0kps is absolute. '300,000kps', the constant of 'c', is from '0'. "0' is "position!" and thus "uncertain," Bill, regarding the "certainty" of any "velocity" ("momentum"), well one velocity in particular, quantum and/or classical. In a fixed closed and relative system, the two can be tied together, but not in the externally open system of the expansive universe!

You are trying to tell me the speed of light is a solid beam rather than series of spontaneously emitted frames. Series of spontaneously emitted single-sided 2-dimensional frames ultimately coming from every single outside point of a sphere -- of the Horizon -- of universe(s) into every single 0-point center of universe; crisscrossing every single crossroads omni-directionally. The only possible backs of frames being the fronts of opposed frames passing through in opposed directions.

It is an exact replica -- but passing -- of Hawking's six-sided particle that is at once six independent individual particles. There is no such as catching a frame of light, a frame of light-time, from the rear simply because there is no such thing as a rear!!!!

Last edited:
The speed of time is set by the speed of light. Any attempt to catch up to light slows down your clock. The net measurement is always exactly 300,000,000 m/s.

Also, I am only referring to frogs with pockets, I have gone to the original source and the one cited above is clearly holding it "by his side". Snakes will see it by his side and run away. Must be in a pocket to qualify. Appeal denied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classical Motion
The speed of time is set by the speed of light. Any attempt to catch up to light slows down your clock. The net measurement is always exactly 300,000,000 m/s.
Also, I am only referring to frogs with pockets, the one cited above is clearly holding it "by his side". Snakes will see it by his side and run away. Must be in a pocket to qualify. Appeal denied.
I'm done arguing with you, Bill. I've said too many times in too many posts that there are two clocks, two travelers, in a two universe scenario: The past history light cone of the "observable universe" and the future history light cone of the un-observed dark un-observable universe. There is the objectively real concurrent REALTIME entity "at-a-distance" (future history light cone faster traveler / clock), and there is the observed, observable, subjectively relative SPACETIME entity "at-a-distance" (the past history light cone slower traveler / clock).

Oh, what's the use. Very disappointingly to me, yet another believer in observers instantaneously observing travelers, clocks (clock times), and other entities, including positions and speeds, "on-the-spot-in REALTIME-at-any-distance" . . . macrocosmic entangling quantum entanglement-LIKE!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
yes for EMR "travelling" (which it doesn't) of course.
But what about macro entanglement?

yes for EMR "travelling" (which it doesn't) of course.
But what about macro entanglement?
No, macro entanglement is same as single particles. Nothing can go faster than light. This is because light is a "vibration" of the charge force which is the strongest force with infinite reach. There is no other stronger force, if there was, there would be something faster than c. But there isn't. If there was it would be plainly evident, which it isn't.

Traveling through space-time is dragging it around with you.
One must first dislodge oneself from space-time.
Not sure what may be encountered there,
but it could be interesting & quite possibly dangerous.

Latest posts