X-Men: First Class casting (renamed from Emma Frost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Abilities

* Telepathy
Mind reading and control
Memory alteration
Mental bolts
Induced paralysis
Illusion casting
Astral projection

* Capable of shapeshifting into a diamond form granting her superhuman strength and durability

the UK's Alice Eve

Alice-Eve-Sizzles-In-Maxim-April-2010-11.jpg
xmen-origins-wolverine-new-mutant-3.jpg

A

a_lost_packet_

Re: X-Men: First Class's Emma Frost/White Queen is....

I'm paralyzed! Well, part of me is..

N

neomaine

In Origins:Wolverine Stryker explained her as just a diamond skin. Though he did qualify it by saying they had just begun to study her.

I didn't read the comic growing up so don't know her full story line. She seems pretty powerful from what was just listed as her abilities though.

A

a_lost_packet_

Incidentally, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time... I hope they do a better job on the next X-Men flick.

D

docm

Matthew Vaughn is directing it

director: Stardust, Kick-Ass

producer: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Stardust, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall

N

neomaine

a_lost_packet_":3h9356pj said:
Incidentally, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time... I hope they do a better job on the next X-Men flick.

I think that was a little harsh. By no means do I think it was an epic movie but it did give some good background on Wolverine and pulled in a number of other X-Men. Acceptable effects and OK acting.

Though you did say 'in a long time'. So let me guess, that worst since... Starship Troopers 2?... :shock:

Appologies for the hijack potential...

A

a_lost_packet_

neomaine":lncfe7do said:
I think that was a little harsh. By no means do I think it was an epic movie but it did give some good background on Wolverine and pulled in a number of other X-Men. Acceptable effects and OK acting.

The effects I could care less about. In many cases, they were completely unnecessary, distracting and over-the-top. The acting was fine. The story, or what was left of it, was OK. But, its continuity was in the crapper and it moved like a spastic pig trying to paint a Picasso. The action scenes were horrible, contrived and distracting and the whole thing made you feel like you were watching a beached whale having occasional spastic seizures. Everything was a setup for the next "action scene" or special effect... even the attempt at arranging the story. It was horribly done, IMO. But, it was done just "well enough" and had enough money thrown at it for a major label to slap their logo on it and slather it over a movie screen in hopes of regaining an otherwise lost investment.

Though you did say 'in a long time'. So let me guess, that worst since... Starship Troopers 2?... :shock:

I watched approximately one minute of Starship Troopers 2. I'm not sure of the scene but, I injured my thumb changing the channel.. IIRC. Did it suck? :)

Appologies for the hijack potential...

My worry is that they will continue in the same vein with the next "Origins" story. If they do, they may as well go ahead and throw the entire franchise down the toilet. So, I don't consider it a Danger Red potential for a thread-jack. But, it's docm's call, not mine. I'll stop bashing Origins:Wolverine here though. Maybe I can remember enough of what I couldn't stand about it to be worth posting in the Origins:Wolverine thread, if I can find it. That was my first thought after seeing the movie. ;)

Edit -Continued my Origins:Wolverine rantfest in the appropriate thread.

D

docm

X-MEN: First Class

Charles Xavier (Prof. X): James McAvoy (Wanted, The Last King of Scotland, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe)

Erik Lensher (Magneto): Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, 300, Band of Brothers)

Emma Frost (White Queen): Alice Eve (Crossing Over, She's Out Of My League)

Dr. Henry McCoy (Beast): Nicholas Hoult (Clash of the Titans; coming - Mad Max: Fury Road )

Sean Cassidy (Banshee): Caleb Landry Jones (Friday Night Lights, No Country For Old Men)

Raven Darkhölme (Mystique): Amber Heard (rumored) (Zombieland, Pineapple Express, The Stepfather)

Dr. Moira MacTaggert: Rosamund Pike (rumored) (Surrogates, The Libertine)

D

docm

Amber Heard is out

Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone) has been cast as Raven Darkholme/Mystique

Lawrence_sd420080713.jpg

Jenniferlawrence-posing-sexy-bikini_99.jpg

M

Mee_n_Mac

a_lost_packet_":3hwtouy3 said:
I watched approximately one minute of Starship Troopers 2. I'm not sure of the scene but, I injured my thumb changing the channel.. IIRC. Did it suck? :)

Yes. Except for the one scene with Kelly Carlson's full frontal nudity. That part was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.