Yes, there's ice on the moon. But it's not the 1st lunar resource we'll use.

Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
There is no perpetual "dark side" of the moon. A lunar day is 29.5 days long, similar to an earth day being 24 hours long. Yes, it's darker at the poles due to inclination, with the sun rising lower in the lunar sky, but again, just like the earth. If the sun rises where you are on the moon on June 1st, it will set on June 15th.

Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
Lunar regolith will be the first resource utilized on the Moon. Outpost on the lunar surface will have to be protected from cosmic radiation, micrometeorites, extreme temperature fluctuations and major solar storms. It will be easy to protect an outpost of the surface of the moon by simply covering the pressurized structure with lunar regolith just a few meters deep.

Marcel

Both the crater and the ice are the key resources since sunlight is almost everywhere. The crater offers some protection for any facility but water is critical for any hope of a facility that would fit a budget of any kind. Sunlight too is critical, of course.

If I may offer a pedantic nit --the energy we get from sunlight is the part that isn't of the "illumination" since, by definition, illumination is the light that leaves the sensors, not the light that becomes converted into useful energy.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I remember being call a "conspiracy theorist" a few years ago for saying there is water on the moon. About time they finally admitted it in 2018. :rolleyes: I have NO doubt there is much more on the moon then they are telling you about.

August 20, 2018
In the darkest and coldest parts of its polar regions, a team of scientists has directly observed definitive evidence of water ice on the Moon's surface. These ice deposits are patchily distributed and could possibly be ancient. At the southern pole, most of the ice is concentrated at lunar craters, while the northern pole's ice is more widely, but sparsely spread.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
There is no perpetual "dark side" of the moon. A lunar day is 29.5 days long, similar to an earth day being 24 hours long. Yes, it's darker at the poles due to inclination, with the sun rising lower in the lunar sky, but again, just like the earth. If the sun rises where you are on the moon on June 1st, it will set on June 15th.

By dark side I think they mean the side you never see. The Moon is in synchronous rotation with Earth, and thus always shows the same side to Earth, the near side. Don't you wonder what goes on the dark side?;)Then again China's Chang'E-4 was supposed to find that out. Like China would tell us anyway what they found. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
May not be solar, alternative is nuclear reactor. No need for lots of shielding, already cosmic radiation, a little more won't matter. No fear of radiation in atmosphere, is none. Just run a long high voltage line to colony a distance away. Solar panels vulnerable without an atmosphere, while nuke reactor can be placed safer underground crater near ice

Actually, they were not talking about the "dark side of the moon", they were talking about the dark side of features at the poles where one side of the feature is in perpetual sunlight and the other side "dark side" of the feature is in perpetual darkness.

I remember being call a "conspiracy theorist" a few years ago for saying there is water on the moon. About time they finally admitted it in 2018. :rolleyes: I have NO doubt there is much more on the moon then they are telling you about.

August 20, 2018
In the darkest and coldest parts of its polar regions, a team of scientists has directly observed definitive evidence of water ice on the Moon's surface. These ice deposits are patchily distributed and could possibly be ancient. At the southern pole, most of the ice is concentrated at lunar craters, while the northern pole's ice is more widely, but sparsely spread.

Since 1971, we have speculated there was water ice on the Moon since we saw water vapor molecules being ejected from some parts. Over the years they have not been able to confirm this, until 2018. That's when they finally got definitive proof. Anything before that claiming there was water ice was pure speculation. There is no conspiracy here.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Actually, they were not talking about the "dark side of the moon", they were talking about the dark side of features at the poles where one side of the feature is in perpetual sunlight and the other side "dark side" of the feature is in perpetual darkness.

Since 1971, we have speculated there was water ice on the Moon since we saw water vapor molecules being ejected from some parts. Over the years they have not been able to confirm this, until 2018. That's when they finally got definitive proof. Anything before that claiming there was water ice was pure speculation. There is no conspiracy here.

But chalk another up that the conspiracy theorists were right and not to mention the remote viewers that have been saying it for a long time.

In 1976 Swann received Leonard’s book Somebody else is on the Moon in the mail. Leonard argued and tried to prove that an advanced civilization existed on the Moon: “Many of Leonard’s sketches resembled some of mine” (pp. 47-48). Much of the rest of Penetration concerns Moon anomalies. Swann argues that the existence of an atmosphere and water on the Moon were discovered long before this was officially acknowledged.
https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/penetration-special-edition-question-extraterrestrial-and-human-telepathy-ingo-swann

Last edited:
Anyone can be right when they're guessing. NASA never denied there was water on the moon, they just couldn't prove it. I always thought there must be water ice in the shadows too, so I guess that makes me right as well, even though it was just a guess. The conspiracy boys didn't know anything anyone else couldn't have known. As I said, there was no conspiracy here. In fact, I can go further by saying I believe some day we will find a way to travel to other stars, either by FTL or by generation ships. That's a yes or no type of question, so I have a 50/50 chance of being right about it
And as for an atmosphere on the moon, lol, it's almost nothing. In fact, there is likely more atmospheric pressure in some gas clouds than there is on the moon. The moon is as close as you can get to vacuum without actually being open space.

Latest posts