You Certainly Can't Call It "Chickening Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dragon04

But in the history of US Manned Spaceflight, has an assigned crew member ever dropped out of a mission just because they couldn't bring themselves to get on a rocket and ride it?

I know they physically and mentally tests astronauts to help prevent such a thing from happening, but I was just curious. I'm like anyone else, and immediately say Heck YEAH to a ride on a Shuttle, but then when I actually think about it, I'm not so sure I'd have the guts to do it.

C

CalliArcale

I think you'd find yourself chickening out long before the actual rocket ride, because you go through a lot of the same stuff during training. ;-)

EDIT: I mean, if you were prone to chickening out I think you'd go sooner. I didn't mean to imply I thought you personally would chicken out. ;-)

D

dragon04

LOL...... I'd never make it. Strange. For 13 years, I ran into burning buildings, saved lives in the most dangerous situations and I just don't think I'd have the stones to do some of the stuff they put those extraordinary people through.

*bock bock*

D

drwayne

I have developed an unfortunate tendency to motion sickness as I have aged, so I would
probably vomit out, not chicken out.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts