Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fallingstar1971

Telescope arrived today from Orion

Assembled in 30 mins

Colminated in 10 mins

Laserfinder calibrated in like 30 seconds

Snow moved out, Skies are clear, Moon was GORGEOUS! Zoom lens works so nicely on the terminator

Was able to resolve Mars into a disk, but moon is so brite right now its lighting up the whole sky. Couldnt make out very many surface features

Was able to resolve The Great Nebula in Orion (faint though, moon is too brite)

Didnt wait around for Saturn getting too cold

BUT it is all ready for tomorrow night when my son comes home. He doesnt know it yet, but he is going to carry the chairs :)

Telescopes are AWESOME!!!!!

Star

C

clint_dreamer

Congrats to you. It's amazing stuff isn't it? I just wish I had my very own Hubble.

S

Saiph

He doesnt know it yet, but he is going to carry the chairs

lol...I liked this line, it's always fun when the thought ends differently than you expect.

F

Fallingstar1971

Well we went out last night, but the moon being full really dampens things, however, we were able to see a substantial amount of white/red light reflecting off Mars. *Not pink* But red with a white splotch. Skies seemed a bit more stable last night then the night before

Ice caps perhaps

First hand siting of ice on another world (personally). Sure, Ive seen all the pictures from all the probes. But seeing it firsthand, even though it is tiny, was awesome.

We couldn't stay out for too long, windchills were around -20 last night and the weather says a storm on the way. But we were able to get in an hour to 90 minutes observing. Needless to say, hot chocolate was AWESOME last night.

We also took a look at the Pleiades, spent most of our time on the moon, and he wanted a closer look at Sirius, even though it was just a tiny brite blue dot. I explained that you would need a *much larger scope to image stars disks directly and even then they must either be very very big, or close (like Betelgeuse)

So, as we get closer to spring, we will be out more and more, and if the weather holds out tonight, we will be back at it.

Awesomeness

Star

M

MeteorWayne

Wait till you get to see Saturn, Jupiter and their moons!! :lol: :shock:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts