A Space Station in Geosynchonous orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morriss003

I noticed in the topics that in May, 2009, someone asked about raising the ISS to geosynchonous orbit. I have wondered about something similar, and the resulting answers were very informative. I would like to ask some similar questions. If it were possible to build another station in geosynchronous orbit, would it be possible to generate a magnetic shield? One reply noted that it takes a lot of energy to get from low earth orbit to geosynchronous orbit. What type of propulsion would be most efficient to go from a low earth orbit ISS to a geosynchronous orbit ISS? What type of vessel would be most efficient to do this? would the technology that resulted from building such a vessel be useful in other parts of our solar system. Would the experience gained from travel between a low orbit ISS and a geosynchronous orbit ISS be useful in other environments? Are there any economic advantages to having a geosynchronous orbit ISS?
Finally, is it feasible to built a low moon orbit ISS? Why or why not?
My thanks to those of you who answered the original topic and to those of you who answer this one. Those of us who are physics challenged people sincerely appreciate your efforts to educate us.

T

TATWORTH

An ISS in Geosynchronous Orbit would encounter increased radiation, requiring more sheilding this increasing weight.

A space station in Lunar orbit would require periodic adjustments to its orbit to compensate for irregularities in the Moon's gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.