After the Big Bang

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anigma46

I can't believe the universe's age can be determined, the observable universe yes ,but how long the material from the big bang lasted before forming solid matter is unknown. I keep thinking that the expansion could be a billion light years wide by the time that galaxies first formed It seems that that 15 billion years ago the universe turned on it's lights. Maybe the early elements were moving too fast to allow solid matter to exist until 15 billions years ago. That means there is light over 400 billion light years away,on it's way toward us,but it will be a long time coming! plus tax!

N

newtonian

Danielawaller - How are you?<br /><br />Interesting that you posted 3 more months after the big bang!<br /><br />If I translate your post correctly, you are referring to earth's big problem with the sun 10 billion years from now if earth is too close to the sun at that time and why it will turn out okay. <br /><br />The answer is further fine tuning, btw - and it will be okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.