Alcubierre Drive (warp drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RiddleBox

Hii there :)

Forgive me if im a bit naive on this topic but im only 16 and im quite facinated with this subject lol :lol: .
Well iv been reading up on this latly and i find this all amazing, but theres only one problem i see, well minus the fact that you would need all the energy in the universe to power the thing.
But no where does it say anything about stopping the space craft that would be propelled. From what i can see, if you went faster than the speed of light, when you stopped the engine would you not have created enough momentum to just fly off into space at god knows what speed?

and sorry if this is in the wrong forum :?

D

dragon04

Deceleration would be achieved simply by either turning such a ship around and firing up the engines, or by somehow reversing the effect that created the initial acceleration.

Of course, that assumes that in Hyperspace, Newton's Laws of Motion apply. :lol:

O

OleNewt

I would think that if you had the technology to move faster than light you would know by exactly how much and how much of a counter force would be necessary to bring you to your speed goal--or barring that, would have a computer capable of doing it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts