you liked it I know it was silly just told what I think😅

• Total voters
May 2, 2021
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder we are alone in this cosmos? is there a place where universe ended or what is after that place because if we see as human imagination a place can't ended fully. for eg. if we ponder earth is a universe so there must be beyond it if not then nothingness is what not discovered till now. everything occupies space in it also nothingness. if there is another living being in this world? (which most probably is possible).If yes then what the size of them maybe they will so small then an atom or there brain and prudence is infinite times better than humans or they can be so big as we are just an atom in comparing to them everything has small sense in it. but the most curious in this:

who are humans?
I will tell you what I think in next post currently I'm in class 11th
Thanks for reading:)

May 1, 2021
Visit site
If only an average of one planet in each galaxy has intelligent life, that amounts to hundreds of billions of planets that have intelligent life. I'm guessing there's a whole lot more than one planet in our own galaxy that not only has intelligent life, but has beings more intelligent than we are. Countless planets with all the ingredients needed for complex life came into existence before ours did, and some of them probably never experienced a mass extinction.

This would explain all the physics-defying UFO's we've been filming and other strange things like reports of nuclear missiles being periodically deactivated by UFO's.

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder we are alone in this cosmos? is there a place where universe ended or what is after that place because if we see as human imagination a place can't ended fully. for eg. if we ponder earth is a universe so there must be beyond it if not then nothingness is what not discovered till now. everything occupies space in it also nothingness. if there is another living being in this world? (which most probably is possible).If yes then what the size of them maybe they will so small then an atom or there brain and prudence is infinite times better than humans or they can be so big as we are just an atom in comparing to them everything has small sense in it. but the most curious in this:

who are humans?
I will tell you what I think in next post currently I'm in class 11th
Thanks for reading:)
Scientists discovered planets like they claim are Earth-alike. So we can assume that some forms of life can exist over there. Also, scientists found out that around 100 millions of galaxies can exist. So I strongly believe that some forms of life ( even intelligent ) can exist in one of these galaxies.

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Maybe we are alone, and maybe not. No one knows the truth. I tend to believe that there's no extraterrestrial life just because I have no evidence of it, but... Our world makes me think that everything is possible, so I won't be surprised if ISS astronauts tomorrow will tell us they've seen a flying saucer.

COLGeek

The math of the universe as we understand it (billions of galaxies with billions of stars with billions of planets...even billions in terms of comparison seems too small) would suggest we can't be the only life in the universe. Especially when you factor in the theorized age of the universe.

Whether we (as 21st century humans) ever find that life is questionable, but that doesn't change the odds as described above.

May 11, 2021
Visit site
The math of the universe as we understand it (billions of galaxies with billions of stars with billions of planets...even billions in terms of comparison seems too small) would suggest we can't be the only life in the universe. Especially when you factor in the theorized age of the universe.

Whether we (as 21st century humans) ever find that life is questionable, but that doesn't change the odds as described above.
The trouble is we only have one example to go on at the moment - life on the Earth. With just the one example it is not possible to make any meaningful statistical estimate of likelihood. You may well be correct and I hope you are, but the question is indeterminate at the moment because we don't know what the probability of life or intelligent life evolving is. If it is a freak one in a trillion trillion trillion event then we may well be alone. If its one in a thousand then we almost certainly aren't alone.

Reactions: Catastrophe
.You may well be correct and I hope you are, but the question is indeterminate at the moment because we don't know what the probability of life or intelligent life evolving is. If it is a freak one in a trillion trillion trillion event then we may well be alone. If its one in a thousand then we almost certainly aren't alone.
Right, but with about 5k planets discovered, we now have objective evidence, and more, that argues against the latter scenario. A couple of decades ago we had no exoplanets on the books.

The key point is that scientific progress is being made in multiple areas. Some of the pre-abiogenesis hypotheses have grown in respectability. And we have more than one study that supports ~ 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe.

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Right, but with about 5k planets discovered, we now have objective evidence, and more, that argues against the latter scenario. A couple of decades ago we had no exoplanets on the books.

The key point is that scientific progress is being made in multiple areas. Some of the pre-abiogenesis hypotheses have grown in respectability. And we have more than one study that supports ~ 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe.
Yes very true there is a wealth of information that the number of planets is very large. But what is the probability of intelligent life evolving on a planet?

Mar 25, 2021
Visit site
Yes very true there is a wealth of information that the number of planets is very large. But what is the probability of intelligent life evolving on a planet?
Depending on the definition of "intelligent", the probability of "intelligent life evolving on a planet" is 100%.
Us.

The question is, did it happen a second time?
I say Yes.

But the probability of humans discovering this second (or third/fourth/twentieth) instance in the lifetime of anyone reading this....very very minimal.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
There are billions of galaxies we can see. There are billions more which will become visible as our telescopes and wavelength detection improve, there are (imho) billions upon billions upon billions more that we will never ever detect under any circumstances. And all these galaxies have billions of planets which are either in Goldilocks Zones (or have had or will have such planets, or which have or had or will have suitable moons.

Of course we are the only one with intelligent life. That is how intelligent we are! And of course there have not been nor ever will be any other planet with intelligent life. You know it is true. Believe it!

Cat :)

IMO Agent007 is probably pretty close to correct for 1 per galaxy.
That is if life is a pretty standard happening and not a freak happening.

If life isn't a normal standard happening on places that can have life then our next door neighbors could be millions or billions of LY away or not exist at all.

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
OK, I've introduced this discussion before on this site, but I've heard nothing in return. All life on earth can be attributed to gases & water that are indigenous to our planet. All living organisms store genetic information using the same molecules or DNA & RNA. In any case all living things are made up of cells found only on earth ie "All cells are made from the same major classes of organic molecules: nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids."
As a result, science goes around looking for another earth that has a similar makeup, so we can find life as we know it.
However, does the above scenario not illustrate a different logic- that life stems from whatever is available in a specific atmosphere for an extended period of time. Maybe not life as we know it but nevertheless a life form .
Secondly, we humans are relying on 5 senses (plus math) to discover everything. What if in the universe there exist say 20 senses then we have a long way to go. Sort of like an army of ants trying to discover what happened to their hill on the 50-yard line of a football field.

Reactions: Helio
However, does the above scenario not illustrate a different logic- that life stems from whatever is available in a specific atmosphere for an extended period of time. Maybe not life as we know it but nevertheless a life form .
Yes, and all the basic building blocks (water, carbon, etc.) are found in molecular clouds and planet-forming accretion disks. Even complex compounds are found in these clouds. Water is the 2nd most common compound in space, IIRC. How those ingredients can progressively build to produce replicating action (ie abiogenesis) is still a big question.

Secondly, we humans are relying on 5 senses (plus math) to discover everything. What if in the universe there exist say 20 senses then we have a long way to go. Sort of like an army of ants trying to discover what happened to their hill on the 50-yard line of a football field.
The greater number of sensory abilities, the more information becomes available to make the right choices in learning about Nature. We augment our senses by using radio telescopes, for instance.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Helio makes a very important point. It is not only the number of senses, but the range (distance) and also the depth (quality) of communication that are important. For example you could imagine a sense which operated only at very short distance and conveyed very little, or very restricted information. Or that operated at long distance but with narrow bandwidth. Perhaps accurate information, but very limited in nature of content.
I believe we have other latent or dormant senses. I cannot prove this scientifically, but I do think there is something in "sixth sense" or telepathy. And possibly more latent ones.

Cat :)

Reactions: Helio
Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Yes good points all & don't forget the bats & moles, not to mention the blind carp living in the sun blocked caves who never seem to run into each other while swimming in the ponds.

May 11, 2021
Visit site
It seems to me that we still only understand a fraction of the biochemistry of life on Earth and that is itself a "limited" subset of chemistry as a whole. Stepping beyond Earthlike chemistry we are virtually ignorant of the unimaginably huge range of theoretical possibilities chemistry as a whole has to offer.

So we are limited in what we can reasonably assume about alien life. Probably the best we can say is that any significantly different biochemistry would probably be toxic to life on Earth and vice versa. Not very helpful.

Latest posts