Ares 1X launch Oct 27th

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CalliArcale

MarkStanaway":3npy8ry0 said:
When it became apparent this booster could not fly on a shuttle mission, the program handed control of the reusable motor to the Constellation program for the Ares 1-X flight.

Cool. I'm glad they were able to find a use for it instead of having to wash it out and put in new prop! Obviously there are no humans on this flight, so the safety isn't as much of an issue. Hopefully it doesn't screw with the data too much.

On the other hand, the all-up five segment test burn out in Utah was a great success, without the vibration problems that had been feared. So I'm optimistic.

H

hewes

Don't they create two matched SRBs for Shuttle launches? IOW, could there be a twin to this booster?

M

MeteorWayne

5 hole probe cover is off the probe, but stuck near the top of the rocket. Oh, it just came loose. Now they will set a launch time, still holding at T-4:00.

M

MeteorWayne

Aiming for 9:44 EDT launch time. about 15 minutes from now.

M

MeteorWayne

Rats, Cargo ship in the launch danger area; 90 minutes to clear the zone :(

M

MeteorWayne

OK, sounds like they contacted the frieghter and it will do a quick U turn. If I heard correctly, launch will pick up at 9:50 for 9:54 launch.

M

MeteorWayne

Moved it up. Range is go. All is go to pick up count at 9:45 AM EDT in a minute or so.....with launch at 9:49 AM

M

MeteorWayne

Count stopped at T-2:39...safing in process.

Recycling to T-4:00.

Fox is covering it live, but have no idea what they are talking about :( Good video though...

M

montylc2001

Sorry 'bout the misspelling, was writing in a hurry and lmao at same time......

B

Boris_Badenov

Is there a TV Web Feed for this launch? I can't find one over at NSF.

J

js117

I don't think they will lunch today.
weather
clouds and wind on pad.

M

MeteorWayne

Yeah, the weather has been teasing/borderline all morning. Currently scheduled to pick up launch at 11:15 with launch at 11:19 EDT. If it doesn't get off by 11:30, the weather gets worse so they will likely scrub.

Edit, they just changed the times, launch scheduled for 11:14 AM.

Lots of erasures on my scorecard :)

Currently red on weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts